Leeks and a flash light

Printable View

• 03-09-2004, 09:25 PM
    natatbeach
    2 Attachment(s)
    Leeks and a flash light (oops I mean celery)
    O.k. so Adina you were in the same frame of mind as I was (scary)...I was making soup and cutting up a leek and well combined with our earlier flashlight moment---combined the two and well what do you think? i just loved the simplicity of the "rosette" I really need to start using a tripod for macro--I just can't stay still enough

I cropped and increased the saturation on both (for more green look) on the second I also upped the contrast and sharpened
  • 03-10-2004, 06:43 AM
    Speed
    Incredible Shots
    Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    O.k. so Adina you were in the same frame of mind as I was (scary)...I was making soup and cutting up a leek and well combined with our earlier flashlight moment---combined the two and well what do you think? i just loved the simplicity of the "rosette" I really need to start using a tripod for macro--I just can't stay still enough

I cropped and increased the saturation on both (for more green look) on the second I also upped the contrast and sharpened

I like these, especially the second one! Definitely use a tripod, and a cable release or electronic remote if you have one. It will definitely help with sharpness.

I love seeing all these things you are trying/experimenting with. Very creative and it gives others (it definitely gives me) ideas.
  • 03-10-2004, 07:53 AM
    Chunk
    Put these in contests.
    Can I buy an 8x10 of the top one?
    I like the second as well. Clone out a couple distracting spots in it before you submit it to a contest, though.
    You are going to be a world class photog by the time you have those kids raised.
  • 03-10-2004, 10:12 AM
    Spike
    Celery!
    OK, I believe you that you put leeks in your soup. But this looks like celery, not a leek, to me...

Nature has lots of great shapes and patterns. Good subject, imho. I like the glow of the light through your subject in #2.

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    ...I was making soup and cutting up a leek and well combined with our earlier flashlight moment---combined the two and well what do you think? i just loved the simplicity of the "rosette" I really need to start using a tripod for macro--I just can't stay still enough

• 03-10-2004, 10:32 AM
    adina
    I was making lunch
    when I did the bananas.

I am also working on trying new things. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good....

adina
  • 03-10-2004, 12:04 PM
    natatbeach
    Duh---yeah that's what I mean
    I had never used leeks before and I was traumatized by not knowing what to do with them (new recipe) so I had the name stuck in my head....thanks for the correction and comments:)
  • 03-10-2004, 12:20 PM
    natatbeach
    have a tripod but not able to use a cable release (but I can set the timer ) and no remote...thanks for your excitement :D