ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: late road home

Re: late road home

That is super cool, Wombat!
    Mike
    www.specialtyphotoandprinting.com
    Canon 30D X 2, Canon 100-400L, Thrift Fifty, Canon 18-55 IS 3rd generation lens plus 430 EX II flash and Better Beamer. :thumbsup:

Late Road Home (from Mars).

If you haven't seen how red soil can be, I suggest you come on down, we could do a photo thing. Or if you are here or visiting already, go out to Hillston, or to Lake Mungo or to the Willandra Lakes system, all are in western New South Wales, and the red is a serious red. Or just Google, 'red dirt' from any of the locations above.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 07-20-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

After a long day of shooting 3 1/2 hours from home, my view just as I'm leaving. So it fits the title I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails late road home-long-road.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Loupey, top shot. Fascinating juxtaposition.

A late road home thought ... for those who didn't make it home.

Late Road Home, following the King's Highway.

"See you next time."

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 07-20-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Another image to shatter the preconception of the idyllic late road home.

Late Road Home, Pre Cast Burial Crypts.

Photographed in the Free Serbian graveyard on Wallaroo Road last evening and dedicated to Radovan Karadzic. You can have the 1st crypt on the left Radovan, it has your name on it already and there is one for Radko Mladic just behind it.

An impression of a late road home.

Late Road Home, Impression from the Red Dirt of McCartny's Road.

Photography is amazing how the finished picture can be shared when the shot is only hours old, yet the lens will remain focussed at infinity and be very slow to change.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 07-21-2008 at 06:28 PM.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

That red dirt must make it hard for the flowers to compete, Warren.
    Really like the crypts shot.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thankyou Frog.

Many of the plants found here, have their new growth starting off being red, or go red when it is really cold, like the Snow Gums when the wind blown ice crystals blast them or are called after the colour red, like the Red Gum, or have red flowers. The Callistemons, Erineas and Kunzeas in this region are red. My driveway is made from the red decomposed granite. I call this place after the Red Planet ... Mars.

In summer when the temps here pass 40C for days and nights on end ... red it is.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 07-21-2008 at 06:29 PM.

What if on the Late Road Home, you're not sure how late you can afford to be, before you are actually missing?

Late Road Home, Dappled Light Without Shaddow Detail (more exposure doesn't help).

... I got back into my car and hurried home before it got even darker.

Warren.

SW... That picture reminds me of what I want to drive onto on my motorcycle in my dreams.. It really relaxes me just looking at it....

Great job...

Phil
    Support those who protect us:
    www.ODMP.org

Late Road Home, Starry, Starry Night.

The statue is of Captain Cook. He captured the East Coast of Australia ... I tried to capture him.

Warren.

Late Road Home, Watching Others Travel a Late Road Home.

Late winter is always smokey here. The property owners and Rural Fire Fighters have started doing cold temperature burns to reduce the build up of fuel before the fire season starts. From now on there will be a lot of smoke in the air. We are approaching a beautiful time of year here and great for atmospheric photography.

Warren.

Alice_LJ

Good job! Cool@
    Thanks for that, good pics there.

Alice_LJ

Good job! Cool@
    Thanks for that, good pics there.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails late road home-long-road-2.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

One of my roads pointing home.
    -Bruce

Which way are you headed? ... on the Late Road Home.

Navigators can tell from the shadows, which way is east and which west, on the Late Road Home ... even Blind Freddy can feel the temperature and pressure differences caused by the prevailing wind and geographical disturbances.

My friend Rueben is very wise. He is only young. He just turned 18 two days ago. Despite his youth, he is one of the Great Navigators, ... he is, one of the best.

Rueben once wrote, "Head East on the Late Road Home, it will lead to the rest of your life. Follow the track West and you will walk to Tunisia." Too true Rueben, but I won't say you told me so. Sorry to take so long to walk back Skippers ... to post another shot.

The Late Road Home, Geographically Confused on the Long Plane Track.

Warren.

ps, The old Wool Road from the High Plains grazing lands heading to Twofold Bay. The stones on the track are Aboriginal artefacts. Thumbnail scrapers, hammer and anvil stones, stone cores for flaking stone points and blades and much debitage scattered ... the waste flakes are all around..
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-03-2008 at 09:14 PM.

It is always hard to take the ... Late Road Home, from the Western Slopes.

The way the light has a luminous glow out on the western slopes of the Great Dividing Range just blows me away, ... it is pure.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-06-2008 at 05:59 AM.

'Late Road Home, Heart Attack Hill (new) Road'.

This used to be a fantastic road until the authorities went and fixed it, to make it suitable for Wally World travellers ... just an image that is only a shadow of the real road.

Warren.

PS, After spending many hours doing this image, I saved it to PNG, and I couldn't believe the size of the file for an 804x600 pixel image, so I converted the file to a sad JPEG and the life went out of the image. The evening glow of the sunset in the water gives the water a metalic look on the PNG and going through Shutterbucket with a JPEG finally killer off the last of the quality.

The original shot.

Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-11-2008 at 06:48 PM.

Late Road Home, The Mob That Missed the Bus.

I took the Back Track yesterday to see how many Roos survived the Roo cull that has been held here in the Territory.

This mob missed the bus, and can thank their lucky stars that they did ... 400 Eastern Grey Kangaroos were rounded up and executed by the Territory Government in my neighbourhood, over a couple of weeks with 900 overall executed here in the Capital. They have been executed because the lying politicians claimed that they were only going to starve because of the drought and it was kinder to kill them than have them suffer.

It has rained several times since they were rounded up and given the green dream and sections of their grazing land given new suburb names and being readied for developers. The Government couldn't even wait a week after the last Kangeroo was killed before they blatantly announced new proposed suburbs.

My late roads home, have taken on a whole new look in the last 6 weeks with graders and ditch diggers and surveyers with their tripods. I'll just have to find new late roads home now.

Warren.

ps, The crappy point and shoot S70 camera that took the above shot and the other soft shots on this thread, has now been given the photographic version of the green dream, ... but that is good riddance.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 08-14-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Late Road Home Through Hell's Gate.

I did a dash across the Hay Plain with one of the Skippers I sometimes crew for. I read that the curvature of the earth can only be seen from outer space ... who ever wrote that, obviously hasn't crossed the Hay Plain.

Warren.

I love that last shot Warren. Looks really moody and indeed, the gates to Hell.

Your photo's remind me of my childhood, growing up in Southern NSW, with the burn-offs, the kangaroo's, the Australian bush in general. Nothing quite as spectacular in my slightly biased opinion
    danic

George Zimbel: Digital diahhrea is a disease for which there is a simple cure. Take one frame of a scene. It is exquisite training for your eye and your brain. Try it for a month. Then try it for another month…then try it for another month…..

RedBubble

Hello Danic, thankyou Mate.

Now you have seen the gates to Hell ... what do you think of what was going to be someone's stairway to Heaven?

'Late Road Home, "Honey I'm Home." ... at last, but several decades too late it appears. I've taken too many late roads home. Being not prepared to wait any longer, she left, sadly.

The steps to the church at Old Adaminaby once under the man made lake of Lake Eucumbyne are now exposed. HDR from a single JPEG exposure with a high blue saturation, and what a fish would have seen on their late road home.

The water level is so low at the moment at Lake Eucumbeyne that the old township is again out the sun. Before the water level dropped, boats were launched at what was the middle of the old flooded main street. They are now launched right down at the bottom of the street more than 140 feet below. The lake took 35 years to fill, and the last 8 years of extreme drought to empty.

The water level is so low, it is down 140+ feet from the high water mark, you can almost drive across the lake, staying on the old flooded highway.

This is the most surrealistic place in my neck of the woods, that I'm aware of. Now looking at the old main street just disappearing into the turbid water, with old car bodies and truck chassis and with parts of buildings, columns of brickwork showing, and still the way they were left but now rusty, is very creepy.

The next late road home will have a change of concept, thanks to a web poster. Thanks to his encouragement and writting about an assignment one of his college lecturers gave him recently , which was simply called "A-B." How often have we though about a journey from A to B and called it that?.... that is a cool concept to try to portray.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 09-22-2008 at 11:22 AM.

You know that saying ... "The grass is greener on the other side of the hill?"

Well guess what? ... it actually is thanks to superphosphate.

'Late Road Home Where the Grass is Greener.' The road is on the other side of the paddock below Bolaro Hill which was burnt after a fast moving grass fire. Driving home from down at the Victorian coast I could hardly see the road because I was so tired. So thought that other photographers, might like to hardly see the road as well, to get with the programme.

'On The Late Road Home, Stopping to Admire Another Smokey View'. Looking across the Clyde towards the Budawang Wilderness through which I drove towards home. Arriving home late again of course. There will be many smokey views in my neck-of-the-woods now that the fire season has started.

'Late Road Home, 6k's from Home'. Just up the hill and along the back track. Gininderra Creek, late afternoon and after rain. One doesn't want to rush home when it is raining because it doesn't often rain here. Those little brown lunps in the middle ground are grazing Kangaroos.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 10-07-2008 at 02:29 PM.

'A Short Trip From A to B, on the Late Road Home'.

Concept is after an art assignment, which was mentioned above in post #47. Hooting along on the Tarago to Goulburn Road.

Warren.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I like the treatment of this, good to see the thread still going !
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information