• 06-22-2009, 04:56 AM
    ken1953
    Kodak To Retire Kodachrome Film
    For all of those who still use film, it is a sad day today. Eastman Kodak has announced that they will stop producing the Kodachrome line of film.
    For further information, you can read their press release here: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...00688a80b4e692

Goodbye Kodachrome!!!
  • 06-22-2009, 06:15 AM
    another view
    Re: Kodak To Retire Kodachrome Film
    End of an era, sure, but I'm surprised this one made it this long. This film in particular, that is. How many places left in the world still develop it? It doesn't take E6 processing, it's a particularly nasty process (cyanide IIRC).
  • 06-22-2009, 06:18 AM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    How many places left in the world still develop it? It doesn't take E6 processing, it's a particularly nasty process (cyanide IIRC).

According to PDN: "The one remaining film lab that can still process the film, Dwayne’s Photo in Parsons, Kansas, will offer processing until next year."
  • 06-22-2009, 06:25 AM
    Old Timer
    A fond farewell to a standard from my film days. It ruled the roast aback in the 60's when I started.
  • 06-22-2009, 06:32 AM
    Frog
    I guess momma won't be able to take it anymore.

http://lyricstrue.net/bandsongtext/P...odachrome.html
  • 06-22-2009, 07:01 AM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    I guess momma won't be able to take it anymore.

Ha! If I would have had my fifteenth cup of coffee before I posted, I might have thought of that... :)
  • 06-22-2009, 07:32 AM
    mjs1973
    I still have some Kodachrome in the freezer. Hopefully I can get out and shoot up a couple rolls in the next couple of weeks.
  • 06-22-2009, 09:22 AM
    Photo-John
    Not surprised. But it is a little sad. I worked with a lot of Kodachrome when I worked in photo labs. I'm working on an article about it right now.
  • 06-22-2009, 11:23 AM
    Photo-John
    My Kodachrome Article
    I was working on an article when I saw this post a replied. The article is done now. I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone that Kodachrome is being retired. It is sad, though.

Kodak Retires Kodachrome >>

Please comment on the article page. Share your memories of Kodachrome!