• 02-09-2004, 02:03 PM
    Charles Hess
    3 Attachment(s)
    Kids...beautiful, candid, kids... :-)
    I was expecting to take some shots of visitors coming in to my workplace in their pajamas, for a Sleep-Over weekend promo in area hotels. Also happening was Build-A-Bear and their mascot, Bearemy, for the kids. Guess where I spent most of my time. :-)

#1...little cutie trying to decide which bear she wanted while mom was filling out a form for a drawing later in the day(she didn't win, sadly). D100 80-200/2.8
    <p> #2 Next one was at a table where kids could color Bearemy and keep the crayons.
    Same equipment.
    <p>#3 Bottom: my boss's little girl, all tuckered out from the excitement
    Contax G2 Zeiss 90/2.8 Delta 100

As always, thanks for looking.
  • 02-09-2004, 02:10 PM
    Speed
    Beautiful...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    I was expecting to take some shots of visitors coming in to my workplace in their pajamas, for a Sleep-Over weekend promo in area hotels. Also happening was Build-A-Bear and their mascot, Bearemy, for the kids. Guess where I spent most of my time. :-)

#1...little cutie trying to decide which bear she wanted while mom was filling out a form for a drawing later in the day(she didn't win, sadly). D100 80-200/2.8
    <p> #2 Next one was at a table where kids could color Bearemy and keep the crayons.
    Same equipment.

Says it all! Great shots.
  • 02-09-2004, 04:32 PM
    paulnj
    Omg
    that 3rd one is simply precious!!!!

if ever a picture was worth a 1000 words....
  • 02-09-2004, 04:36 PM
    jeff_in_ak
    Wonderful, beautiful shots Charles. The colors and composition are great.
    I wonder if you had as much fun as the kids. (I'm betting you did)
    As usual, fantastic pictures.

jeff
  • 02-09-2004, 05:21 PM
    natatbeach
    you ARE the man
    Charles---the third is such a beautiful and breathtaking pic...... wow---awesome
  • 02-10-2004, 02:11 PM
    adina
    amazing
    especially the third. you take the best candid's i've ever seen

adina
  • 02-10-2004, 03:16 PM
    Dave E.
    All great. Candid's are still the best. Thanks for posting these.

-Dave-
  • 02-10-2004, 04:12 PM
    Charles Hess
    Thanks, everyone...
    I do enjoy capturing life as it happens. :-) I love checking out all your avatars...cracked me up, and Adina...pro boob. :-))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave E.
    All great. Candid's are still the best. Thanks for posting these.

-Dave-

• 02-11-2004, 04:11 PM
    Liz
    Beautiful as always Charles
    I love your photos of the "real life"

You capture the spirit along with the image.....as always.

Somehow this thread didn't come up on my screen as new (no bold - no open letter) as sometimes happens on my pc for some reason. I'll tell PJ next week.

Liz ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess

Same equipment.

• 02-11-2004, 04:24 PM
    wslandry3
    Always great!
    Hi Charles

Can you share any of the settings or if you used fill flash on the B&W picture. Was this natural light or window light? You just can't post such a great picture for us and not brake it down. :)

Always a fan
  • 02-11-2004, 04:49 PM
    Charles Hess
    Settings...this was taken at my workplace, which is perfect for portraits...60' walls of glass on 2 sides of the lobby, tons of light, even on cloudy days. no flash, no nothing, just f/5.6 in aper priority mode, composed and pressed the shutter. Thanks for the compliment.
  • 02-11-2004, 04:51 PM
    Charles Hess
    Liz, my friend...
    Hi Liz...I've sure missed seeing you around here the past number of days, hope you are doing OK. I'll email you. Take care.

QUOTE=Liz]I love your photos of the "real life"

You capture the spirit along with the image.....as always.

Somehow this thread didn't come up on my screen as new (no bold - no open letter) as sometimes happens on my pc for some reason. I'll tell PJ next week.

Liz ;)[/QUOTE]