ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

View Poll Results: which date is best?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • April 15th

0 0%
  • April 22nd

3 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Kentucky Gathering

I travel light so it won't be a problem for me. I will have at most two bodies and two lenses as well as spare cards and batteries. I don't like to carry a lot around, less to lose, less to get stolen, the better.

What time do we meet, and where? It's probably a 4 hour drive for me, but I haven't looked at the map yet.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    What time do we meet, and where? It's probably a 4 hour drive for me, but I haven't looked at the map yet.

JS
    Looks like it will be close to that. It's about 115 miles to Louisville from Indy then another 70-80 to Lexington. OT may need to suggest a place to meet up since he is more familiar with the area than I am.
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

To get to Lexington it's a lot easier for me to go to Cincinatti and shoot down from their. I forget the highway number off hand, it's been 10 years since i went that route

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    To get to Lexington it's a lot easier for me to go to Cincinatti and shoot down from their. I forget the highway number off hand, it's been 10 years since i went that route

JS
    That would be 71/75. That might even be easier for you getting there if I remember the general location of Keeneland.
    "No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit." --Ansel Adams

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." --Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by srobb
    That would be 71/75. That might even be easier for you getting there if I remember the general location of Keeneland.

No I think if you are coming out of the east side of Indy you would take I74 to Cincy and than I75 down to Lexington. Check that out on a map and see if that wouldn't be you most direct route. That's how I go to Indy from where I live.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    No I think if you are coming out of the east side of Indy you would take I74 to Cincy and than I75 down to Lexington. Check that out on a map and see if that wouldn't be you most direct route. That's how I go to Indy from where I live.

Yeah, I think I forgot about that part, OT. I am pretty sure it is 74 from Cincy to Indy.

Yeah, I knew the 74 part, forgot the 71/75, and the small stretch of 275 around Cincy. I am on the East side of Indy, just three miles from the city limits.

I almost moved down to that area of Indiana near the state line at one point, but couldn't find anything affordable at the time. Now a buddy just made me a deal for a place there...if it would have been last year at this time I'd have jumped on it. Right on the river, but high enough I wouldn't get washed away in a flood. Complete with a boathouse...well if I hit the lottery I could make it a summer home

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Headed to KY a bit early....22 days early in fact. I'm headed to Shepherdsville today to get a new creature. I'm meeting my sister and mom there and picking up the new creature and will be headed back home. I'll show ya all a pic of the little cutie when I get back.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Hey, JS, that's my ol' stompin' grounds there. I grew up and went to school in Shepherdsville/Bullitt County. Can't wait to see what you are getting. A lady that works for John is tempting us with a chocolate Lab puppy. I am trying to resist, but it's not easy.

OK guys

It's only about two weeks away now. We need to figure out some logistics here I think. We need to figure out a place for us to meet up mainly. I suppose me and Larry could meet in Mt. Sterling and go from there, but we need a place in Lexington for all three of us to meet at. Hope each of you are still able to make it.

Yeah, I hope I get a check before then.....I;m already having having a rough month. House insurance, camera insurance AND car insurance all in one week.....YIKES!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

OK guys time for a plan. I was hoping there would be a few more PR'ers jump in at the last minute and say me too, but doesn't look like. I think we need to meet early on Saturday and get out to Keeneland early. Last Friday I got tied up in traffic going by Keeneland near first post time when I was going to Nashville. We could meet up someplace like the Ramada on Paris Pike/68 just of 75/64 or at the Marriott at Newtown and 75/64. What do you think?

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I hate doing this almost at the last minute, but I am going to have to pull out of this. I was really excited about going, but have had to reschedule an appointment and Saturday was the only date I could get that was not several months off. I hope that both of you are able to do this and hopefully if we can arrange something else soon, I will be able to make it then. Take plenty of pics for me.

Quote Originally Posted by srobb
    I hate doing this almost at the last minute, but I am going to have to pull out of this. I was really excited about going, but have had to reschedule an appointment and Saturday was the only date I could get that was not several months off. I hope that both of you are able to do this and hopefully if we can arrange something else soon, I will be able to make it then. Take plenty of pics for me.
    Sorry to hear that you can't make it. Keeneland is always an experience weather you are taking pictures or not. Maybe we can get something together for one of the state parks or later in the summer or fall. I'll see what John has to say and see if he can still make it.

Nikon Samurai #13

Hope he is able to. I was upset when I realized afterward what the date was. I wanted so much to go. Would still love to make that one of our get togethers, but would not mind one to a park sometime, either.

Ouch....both of us having problems this weekend! I too was looking forward to this but the papers didn't get the checks done in time....something about Easter. I guess with the way my week has gone this is best though....
    I think the 4th Satuday of May is open for me

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information