ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Lensbabies, who has one, and do you use it much?

I have wanted to get a Lensbaby for a long time now, and have never pulled the trigger. I have always felt that it's too much $ to spend on such a specialty lens like that. I think the Lensbaby 3G would be a lot of fun for macro shots because you can set it, and then fine focus it. The original and 2.0 versions would be a little trickier for that kind of stuff. I know it's not a lens I would use all the time, but I think it would be fun to play around with.

I'm going to be placing an order for a new body, and some other things in the next couple of months, and I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet, and add a lensbaby to the cart as well. I like the price of the 2.0, but I really think the 3G would be a much more useful lens, but is it worth the extra $120?

If you have a Lensbaby, do you use it much? Was it worth the price you paid?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Lensbabies, who has one, and do you use it much?

I have the original Lensbabies. It['s kinda fun but I don't use it much. The original doesn't offer much control at all, though. It's really very much a toy. And if you use it right it's fun and effective. I like it for nature closeups. If you check the Toy Camera Gallery you'll find some Lenbabies pictures I took, I think. Also, reviewer Larry Chen, who has done many digital camera reviews here, is working on a Lensbabies 3G review for us.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thanks John. I knew you had used one because I remember seeing some pics you posted with it. I will check out the toy camera gallery to see what I can find.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

I was tempted by the new lensbaby 3G last year, but the price in the UK is high.
    £199 or about $390 compared to $270 at B&H
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

Lensbaby. I has it.

I have the first version for my Olympus E300. I use it occasionally, but I am glad that I have it. It's a great conversation starter at parties too!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

Thread Information