• 08-28-2004, 04:09 PM
    schrackman
    2 Attachment(s)
    just a couple to keep me busy...
    My back has been given me trouble this past week so I haven't been able to go out shooting. But here's a couple from last week. The sunset was from Balboa Lake, which isn't too far from my house. And the flower is from Descanso Gardens.

Ray
  • 08-28-2004, 05:53 PM
    shesells
    Yes!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schrackman
    My back has been given me trouble this past week so I haven't been able to go out shooting. But here's a couple from last week. The sunset was from Balboa Lake, which isn't too far from my house. And the flower is from Descanso Gardens.

Ray

oh wow, those are worth the back ache! Your presentation is beautiful but the photos are really really wonderful. This can be a back breaking hobby. I just spent 4 1/2 hours out shooting on my feet climbing and walking constantly. I think I'll take up volleyball, it would be easier. Last week was not a waste when you came away with two beauties like that. Nice Work.
    Kit ...
  • 08-28-2004, 11:31 PM
    schrackman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shesells
    oh wow, those are worth the back ache!

Thank you, Kit, but to be honest with you I'd prefer my back feelin' better! lol I've got muscle spasms and they're pressing or pinching a nerve. Not fun at all. But I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.

Ray
  • 08-29-2004, 12:38 PM
    I_Fly
    Love the first shot Ray!
    Mind if I ask what settings/equipment you used? The color's magnificent. Even on my poor, dark, work monitor.

Quote:

Ray

• 08-29-2004, 06:10 PM
    schrackman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by I_Fly
    Mind if I ask what settings/equipment you used? The color's magnificent. Even on my poor, dark, work monitor.

Sure. I shoot with a Canon Digital Rebel. Here's the exif data for the first photo:

Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/640
    Av(Aperture Value) 4.5
    ISO Speed 100
    Lens Sigma AF 70-300 f/4-5.5

the second photo:

Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/50
    Av(Aperture Value) 5.6
    ISO Speed 100
    Flash Type External E-TTL
    Flash Exposure Compensation -2/3
    Lens Sigma AF 28-80 f/3.5-4.5

On the second shot I handheld the flash.

Ray
  • 08-29-2004, 07:49 PM
    shesells
    Ray
    Been there with the sciatica or muscle spasms. Had that two times in my lfe from bending a weird way. One time I got it just getting something out of the trunk. ( no, not a dead body lol ) I literally had to crawl into the house because I could not take one step. Got a shot and it was gone by the next day. The other time, It took a week because they wouldn't give that shot anymore.( cortizone ) Hope you feel better.
    Kit
  • 08-29-2004, 08:27 PM
    I_Fly
    Thanks...
    for the exif data Ray.

I've been there with the back spasms also. Doc couldn't tell if I'd pulled a muscle, which cramped pinching a nerve or... threw my back out of whack, pinching a nerve which caused the muscle to cramp. Either way, it was very painful and I had to take a butt chewing from my doc about waiting till I couldn't turn my head and had a hard time walking and moving before going to see her. She went on and on about stretching & strengthening exercises before she prescribed muscle relaxants and pain killers. I was lucky and the muscle relaxants and stretching exercises did the trick after a couple of days. I didn't have to take the pain killers.

Now if my back twinges, I'm stretching like crazy. I don't want another butt chewing from my doc! Hang in there!

Quote:

Sure. I shoot with a Canon Digital Rebel. Here's the exif data for the first photo:

Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/640
    Av(Aperture Value) 4.5
    ISO Speed 100
    Lens Sigma AF 70-300 f/4-5.5

the second photo:

Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/50
    Av(Aperture Value) 5.6
    ISO Speed 100
    Flash Type External E-TTL
    Flash Exposure Compensation -2/3
    Lens Sigma AF 28-80 f/3.5-4.5

On the second shot I handheld the flash.

Ray

• 08-30-2004, 02:04 PM
    schrackman
    Thanks shesells and i_fly. I just got back from the doctor and he gave me a Lidocaine shot in a couple places, which has eased the tension a bit but I still feel the pinching of the nerve. He prescribed a muscle relaxer called Roboxin that I will take tonight. Hopefully this will enable me to sleep more than the current three hours I get at night.

Ray