It's been a long time

Printable View

• 06-20-2006, 06:04 PM
    kkraczek
    It's been a long time
    I hadn't realized that two years had passed since I've been around... but I was happy to see that the same faces still reside here!

I'm trying to catch up on posts and images- I was at school for a while and lost my photography bug. Now I work part time for a local photog doing post production and assisting at weddings, and I've found my true love once again. :)

I hope that everyone here is well... I've missed quite a bit, but hope that you all won't mind my dropping back in.
  • 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM
    paulnj
    Re: It's been a long time
    Go away :lol:

It's about time, now post some images Bird Nerd :D
  • 06-20-2006, 07:16 PM
    kkraczek
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paulnj
    Go away :lol:

It's about time, now post some images Bird Nerd :D

OK Fine! Here's a sight I'd never seen, even in FL. Where do gulls usually nest anyway?
  • 06-20-2006, 07:21 PM
    kkraczek
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's one you have to love Paul... what do you think that these ducks were telling the heron? LOL Thanks for the welcome, BTW!
  • 06-20-2006, 07:49 PM
    paulnj
    Nice images. Gulls nest the same on the west coast(where you shot that) as they do in florida..... wherever they want. I honestly never have seen a gull nest, so I couldn't tell you.

That looks like a glaucous winged gull, which only nests in upper washington in the lower 48 :wink: Where did you shoot that?
  • 06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
    kkraczek
    Taken while on the top deck of the Washington State Ferry leaving Friday Harbor, San Juan Island. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's never seen a gull nest! :)
  • 06-20-2006, 07:58 PM
    paulnj
    Damb I'm good!!!! :lol:
  • 06-20-2006, 08:34 PM
    another view
    Howdy, howdy! Plenty of gulls around here too - I guess not that kind though... Sky rats...
  • 06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
    kkraczek
    Howdy back at ya! Thanks! :)
  • 06-21-2006, 03:38 AM
    natatbeach
    It's been two years???? seriously? that means I was out of the loop for much longer than I realized....wow...welcome back
  • 06-21-2006, 05:13 AM
    Old Timer
    You kind of got back in by way to the front door. By that I mean through the gallery. I know you posted a few over there the last few days. At any rate nice to have you back, I hope to see lots more images from you over the coming months.
  • 06-21-2006, 11:14 AM
    kkraczek
    Thanks OT and Nat, I've really missed it here! :)