ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Talking Interview & North Carolina....

I have an interview tomorrow morning for a new job at a place called Angelwood where I will be a direct caregiver for children and adults with mental disabilities. What this basically means is that I will be providing supervision and interaction with the mentally retarded. This is the kind of work I love and thrive on, so I am really hoping to land this one. Please check out thier website, it is much better at explaining this than I am..

After the interviews, 3 BTW, I will be leaving for a weekend trip to North Carolina, so I will not be here after tomorrow night until tuesday. My dad and I will be staying in a cabin on a mountian somewhere, I'm still not sure just where. I hope to be getting some nice shots on this trip so wish me luck...

I expect all of ya'll to be cheering me on, so let me see it. I have been in a pretty low place lately and I need all the encouragement I can get! My Dr. put me on Welbutrin about 2 weeks ago and I had a very bad reaction to it. It caused me to have a near mental break, but i am back on Zoloft now and feeling much better. This trip is really going to help with that, and i get this job it will only get even better.

Thanks guys!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Re: Interview & North Carolina....

Good luck my friend with the interview and the your life. Keep using the camera as an outlet to express how you feel. Let us know where in NC you are going. I am familiar with the Northwest corner near Boone, there is some beautiful stuff to shoot up there.

Good luck and be safe.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Good luck with the job, almo. What part of NC is that?
    ----------------------------

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Good luck Almo, with the interview, the trip, and life in general!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Good Luck!!!

When you get the job, I'm going to celebrate by having cake.

And enjoy NC, we love it there. Supposed to make it out over Easter, but didn't pan out.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thanks guys!

I spent part of my childhood in South Carolina, Columbia, and we would go up to N.C. quite often. Mostly in the Asheville area. Then when I was a young preteen, after we had moved back to Florida, my sister was on a swim team that took us back to Asheville twice a year for about 5 or 6 years untill I was around 14, so I am quite familiar with the state. Alas I still have no idea what part we are going to, but it'll be somewhere in the blue ridge's for sure.

I really hope I get this job, because it wouldn't be work at all for me. More a labor of love, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by almo; 06-07-2005 at 10:38 AM.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Talking Re: Interview & North Carolina....

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    I have an interview tomorrow morning for a new job at a place called Angelwood where I will be a direct caregiver for children and adults with mental disabilities. What this basically means is that I will be providing supervision and interaction with the mentally retarded. This is the kind of work I love and thrive on, so I am really hoping to land this one. Please check out thier website, it is much better at explaining this than I am..

After the interviews, 3 BTW, I will be leaving for a weekend trip to North Carolina, so I will not be here after tomorrow night until tuesday. My dad and I will be staying in a cabin on a mountian somewhere, I'm still not sure just where. I hope to be getting some nice shots on this trip so wish me luck...

I expect all of ya'll to be cheering me on, so let me see it. I have been in a pretty low place lately and I need all the encouragement I can get! My Dr. put me on Welbutrin about 2 weeks ago and I had a very bad reaction to it. It caused me to have a near mental break, but i am back on Zoloft now and feeling much better. This trip is really going to help with that, and i get this job it will only get even better.

Thanks guys!
    Good luck with the job buddy.

And ANYWHERE in the NC Mountains is a gorgeous place to shoot. All the wildflowers should be out, and everything will be nice and green. If you're in the Blue Ridge Parkway, you'll get a lot of blue to compliment that green!

Enjoy your trip, and we'll be looking forward to seeing those shots.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

We love Asheville.

My hubby's aunts live at the foot of the mountains, literally. We usually try to make it down once or twice a year, and spend the whole time in the hammock.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Those little blue pills helped me immensely when I needed them---I still have kids

Good luck---better yet, well wishes and prayers your way... ;)
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Good luck to you Almo! Asheville, the mountains and the Blue Ridge Parkway - can't go wrong.

Sound like things are going in the right direction for you. Good luck with the job prospects and enjoy your time away with your dad. I'm going to get to spend a week or so with my oldest son in Canada next month really looking forward to that.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Good Luck!

Good luck with your interview, Almo. And have a great time relaxing in North Carolina. I went there once, when I was a little kid. It's a place I'd really like to visit. I know there's good riding in the mountains, there!

You need me to cover for you on the Featured Photo or you want to just choos one early? Either way...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Good Luck!

Well I just found out that it will be Franklin that I am going to. That, as I guessed it would be, is in the Blue Ridge. We will be there for around 4 days, and it will be an awesome 4 days!

My dad wants to stump around Ga. a little too cuz he is into panning for gold, so I might just have some mining pics for you guys when I get back!

I really appreciate all of the encouragement from you guys. I have hit rock bottom here recently so there is no where left to go but up. It's nice to know I have all you guys pulling for me...
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Congrats on the interview and hope all goes well! A great job and field to really affect somebody!

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    Well I just found out that it will be Franklin that I am going to. That, as I guessed it would be, is in the Blue Ridge. We will be there for around 4 days, and it will be an awesome 4 days!
    Franklin - wow! I lived in western NC for 6.5 years a bit west of Asheville. It's the best place in the country to live. Wonderful people, stunning scenery. You can't beat that. I'm very jealous.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thanks Guys!

I am leaving tonight, and I can't wait! This is going to be the bomb!
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information