• 05-15-2008, 11:32 AM
    phil.
    Re: I'm looking for a good travel camera.
    How'd you get a better price on the camera&lens combo than their stated online price ($599)? Probably going to purchase some camera gear from them or BH and was just wondering.

Thanks.
  • 05-15-2008, 12:18 PM
    MB1
    Lower price?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by phil.
    How'd you get a better price on the camera&lens combo than their stated online price ($599)? Probably going to purchase some camera gear from them or BH and was just wondering.

Thanks.

I called and asked. :eek:

What is the worst they were going to do? Raise their price? I don't think so.

Of course it could be they brought up my sales history and saw that I was keeping them in business.

A Hassleblad set-up, a Canon set-up, lots of prints and lots of accessories. I bet them guys like me!
  • 05-15-2008, 12:23 PM
    Photo-John
    Nice!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MB1
    I called and asked. :eek:

What is the worst they were going to do? Raise their price? I don't think so.

I never thought of doing that. I think they've made a few bucks off me over the last 10-15 years :D
  • 05-15-2008, 01:13 PM
    MB1
    Re: Nice!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I never thought of doing that. I think they've made a few bucks off me over the last 10-15 years :D

I always call and ask.

Heck they have an 800# and someone on the other end who wants to justify their job-everyone buys on-line and he is no longer needed so he looks for every discount available.

It seems that about every third purchase I get a discount on something.
  • 06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
    mark_pw
    Re: Rangefinder
    I would take my Fujifilm x10. Taking color photo is great. The black and white is a little bit too bright. It is handy.
  • 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM
    Photo-John
    Welcome to PhotographyREVIEW.com, mark_pw!

The X10 is a great, reasonably compact camera. I reviewed it last year and loved it. I agree that it's a great option for an all-in-one travel camera.

Fujifilm X10 Hands-On Video Intro >>

Please write your own review for your X10 in our user review section. Here's a link to that review page:

Fujifilm X10 User Reviews >>
  • 06-24-2013, 08:16 PM
    mark_pw
    I have submitted the reviews. Hopefully it will be helpful.
  • 07-02-2014, 11:29 PM
    joearndt59
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
  • 07-03-2014, 06:46 AM
    Ballen Photo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
    I'm popping for the 420 right now.

Well, MB1 verified that he bought an Olympus E-420 way back on 05-13-2008.
    My question now is, where is the review? Was he happy with it? ;-)