• 02-17-2004, 01:29 AM
    Kokopeli
    3 Attachment(s)
    I'm Baaaaaack... From Vegas!
    Well folks, I made it back from Sin City and I still have most of the cash I left with.

While I was there, I was able to get into PMA (thanks again PJ!!), drive out to Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. My mind is still pretty jumbled about PMA, but I'll be posting a few photos for all y'all.. None are near as informative as what PJ has already posted. In fact, mine are more entertaining than anything. Hope you can find a couple you like!

I'll start with these three of our beloved Photo John...
  • 02-17-2004, 01:34 AM
    Kokopeli
    3 Attachment(s)
    The Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye
    What a cool little lens this one is. I apologize in advance for the photos. Having never used a fisheye lens before, I didn't do the best job of getting things as distorted as I could have. I also apologize for the blown out areas of the images.. I'm still trying to get used to the D100's flash...
  • 02-17-2004, 09:10 AM
    Asylum Steve
    We want SHOWGIRLS!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokopeli

I'll start with these three of our beloved Photo John...

So, where are the DANCING GIRLS??? :D
  • 02-17-2004, 09:38 AM
    Sebastian
    So where did you leave me your love letter??

What flash are you using with the D100? Any of the DX-series should work just fine in any of the auto modes, they should not wash out like that. Also, for interior shooting try using the regular D-TTL, NOT Matrix D-TTL, matrix works great for fill-flash, but tends to underexpose when it's the main light.

I really want that 10.5....
  • 02-17-2004, 09:42 AM
    mtbbrian
    Are goatee's?
    So are goatee's back in style or what?
    I know a lot of guys that, are doing them.
    I want to grow a goatee! But I can't! Not even for a few weeks!
    Good pics of PMA Bri!
    Brian
  • 02-17-2004, 10:37 AM
    Kokopeli
    Mornin' Sebastian,

Yeah, that 10.5 was pretty cool and if you are using Capture 4, you can "straighten" the image with a single click of the mouse. This will be my next lens purchase.

The flash I was using was the built in flash on the D100. It was the first time I used it and I may not have had it set up.. More than likely, I was too close. I'll try more with it later and see if it me or it. I plan on getting the SB-800 within the next 6 months so maybe that will help as well.

As for the love letter... I left two. One is stuck beneath table 42 at the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse where I had dinner with PJ and the second is hidden in room 19038 of the Flamingo Hilton.. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian
    So where did you leave me your love letter??

What flash are you using with the D100? Any of the DX-series should work just fine in any of the auto modes, they should not wash out like that. Also, for interior shooting try using the regular D-TTL, NOT Matrix D-TTL, matrix works great for fill-flash, but tends to underexpose when it's the main light.

I really want that 10.5....

• 02-17-2004, 10:38 AM
    Kokopeli
    Would contortionists do?