• 04-05-2007, 06:48 AM
    Speed
    p.s. to Speed... I might just have to get a gun!! :)
    Trust me, you'll want one....

Or two or three!

My daughter's boyfriends get a tour of my gun safe. I show them my guns, let them touch them, hold them, and if I think it's particuarly instructive, I'll point out the size of the barrell and/or the size of the hole in the barrell. I also let them know that I am a crack shot, and have hunted game from Arizona to North Dakota to North Carolina. I particuarly enjoy varmint hunting, hence the guns with the big, long barrrells and the big, high power scopes on top.

One kid asked my son: "Would your dad really shoot me?"

To which my son answered: "Over my sister? Yes!"

I also particuarly enjoyed Bill Engvalls take on boys dating his daughter. Look them in the eye, tell them that that little girl is your whole life, and "remember this: I have no problem going back to prison!"

On a more upbeat note, that is a nice ride you bought! It should make for a safe, comfortable ride for you and your's. Congratulations again buddy!
  • 04-05-2007, 07:13 AM
    Asylum Steve
    Re: p.s. to Speed... I might just have to get a gun!! :)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed
    I also particuarly enjoyed Bill Engvalls take on boys dating his daughter. Look them in the eye, tell them that that little girl is your whole life, and "remember this: I have no problem going back to prison!"...

Let's not forget Dan Hedaya's classic line from the movie Clueless, spoken to the young hotshot taking his gorgeous daughter Alicia Silverstone out on a date:

"Anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel. I doubt anybody would miss you..." :D
  • 04-06-2007, 11:45 PM
    Lionheart
    Re: I present Alessandra Mercedes Crannell
    Congratulations, Loren. What a cutie! The years go by fast, better get your guns ready, and have copies of "10 Rules on dating My Daughter" ready to hand out to prospective boyfriends. Your life will never be the same again. The world looks different from the perspective of a parent...the adventure has just begun. Don't be too surprised if you find yourself going to bed with your last thoughts being about your child, and waking up in the morning with your first thoughts being about your child, and every other thought at work being about your child...yep, the adventure has just begun. Nice ride too. Why do we parents tend to get SUV's or family vans with the birth a child? I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited specifically for the impending birth of my son 11 years ago, and most of my friends got Jeeps, or Suburbans, or Grand Caravans when their children were born.
    Keep the pictures flowing-as if we needed to ask-hehe. Are still shooting film?
    btw, better get a new hard drive if you're shooting digital. I've got two storage cases (4 ft x 3 ft x 3 ft) of slides and negatives covering the first 4 years of my son's life, and that's just the pics of my son. The last 18 years of hobby photography are in another two storage cases. Glad I'm shooting digital these days, hard drives are easier to store :-)
  • 04-08-2007, 11:40 AM
    MJS
    Belated congratulations Loren, I just got off a cruise, hopefully she'll bring you as much joy as mine has brought to me. Just wait till she wants to go diving with you, that's a blast.
  • 04-08-2007, 12:58 PM
    Mcphisto
    Wow. Thats one beautiful little baby. Congratulations!
  • 04-08-2007, 02:10 PM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    Fantastic, good luck with the girl mine is a handfull!!!!!!!!!! She is 12 now, one more year and she'll know it all.