ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: I moved.

I moved.

About a month a half ago. The spouse came home one day and said "how do you feel about Michigan?" and here we are. Turns out, I love Michigan. We're about a half hour from downtown Detroit, and 15 minutes from downtown Ann Arbor. Love.

Some from the Detroit farmer's market, which is frickin amazing...if we're fb friends, you may have already seen them, but it's been crazy here, so shooting is probably at an all time low.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I moved.-img_8306.jpg   I moved.-img_8325.jpg   I moved.-img_8330.jpg   I moved.-img_8335.jpg   I moved.-img_8291.jpg  

I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: I moved.

Choice of b&w made them come alive. Glad you like your new home.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

I've always wanted to go exploring in Detroit.

My sense of self-preservation is busy keeping my sense of adventure in a strangle hold when it comes to that.

Great use of b/w in these!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

My sense of self-preservation seems to kick in after the fact... after standing in front of the abandoned train station in the middle of nowhere, having a conversation with a crack head. Yup... good one Megan, good one. ::Headdesk::

However, Detroit has some great museums and good areas too. I just find the bad ones.

I hope I get to see you in January, Adina!
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

MI is a great state with lots of character. I lived there for 12 years before moving back down here to FL. There are lots of small old towns and farming areas with great farmer's markets.
    The only difficult part of living there was during the cold months when the temps dropped to -25. But since you were from WI you should be used to that.
    Hector
    http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=279782

Nikon D90
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Nikon 18-105 3.5 VR
    Nikon 70-300 4.5 VR
    Nikon SB-600 Speedlight

drg

There are lots of neat things 'around' Detroit and in one or two places 'in' Detroit including a few golf courses I have to visit once in a while.

I've got 'people' both up and down river there too!

Hope you continue to enjoy it more and more. Plus, Canada is very close by, just across the bridge!
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

i haven't braved "exploring" detroit yet. i plan to tho, probably in the spring, once i'm a little more familiar with things. the farmers market is right in the city, but about 5 minutes off the freeway, and attended by so many different types of people, I wasn't worried at all. there were a bunch of others there with cameras too, so i didn't stand out too much.

weather-wise, we're not expecting much of a difference. my dad said we'll probably end up with a little more snow, being between the lakes, but cold-wise, you're right. being from Wi, it won't be a big deal.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Awesome move Adi, but I'm sorry to say you're missing out. SW Michigan is where it's at!

Grand Rapids rawks! You would love East Town and John Ball park. I sorely miss my little northern home...
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Thread Information