ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I have an inovative idea!!!!

Well I tried out the video on my D7000 and was pretty impressed. This is my first try at the video so I can get familiar with how it works. I was just shooting away taking pictures of a guy playing a guitar and singing when I had this creative idea pop into my head. Well, I thought if I turned the camera to the vertical position that I could get a lot tighter shot and it worked very well, the screen was filled up with little or no wasted space so everything was great. I also found out that is was a great idea if you are tired and want to lay down and watch videos because everything is sideways on the TV screen. The only problem that I can see is that you need to decide first whether you will be sitting or laying down when the video will be viewed. Now I feel very unique because I know that nobody else in the world has tried this so I was thinking about getting a patent for this method and becoming the next millionaire. I really feel my creative juices flowing. Great ideas like this come along only once in a lifetime. Bill Gates, watch out!!!! Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: I have an inovative idea!!!!

You shouldn't disclose it until patented, someone will file off the serial numbers and say it is theirs.

Phil

You better hurry up!
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

GB1

Yeah right, and sorry, that's not as ridiculous as a few of the patents I saw when working at the Patent Office 20 years ago (the perpetual motion machines that slipped through take those prizes)..
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I will be coming out with an E-Book covering this video shooting technique just in time for Christmas. Will be giving all the members here a discount so keep an eye open for updates in the next few weeks, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jeff, just to keep your book consistent with you novel idea, how about having the text run parallel with the spine of the book? And of course any pictures or illustrations would also.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0 View Post
    Jeff, just to keep your book consistent with you novel idea, how about having the text run parallel with the spine of the book? And of course any pictures or illustrations would also.
    That is a GREAT idea!!! I will see if that can be done, Jeff

Thread Information