ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I gotta new toy too!

With everyone sharing their new toys, I thought I would play along too. My girlfriend and I are planning a road trip to Vegas at the end of April. She asked me the other day if I had enuf storage to take a lot of pics on our trip. I told her I could take about 450 shot's with the two CF cards that I had. She looked pretty worried, like she didn't think that would be enuf. So I told her I would get another card or two before the trip, but she had something else in mind. Time to shop for a new computer. So I did some research and found one that I liked and we went shopping Friday night after work. All the stores had the one I wanted, and all for the same price. One store we went to also had last years model. The biggest differance was an 80gig HD vs a 100gig HD. We decided that for $600 we could do without the extra 20gigs. The store didn't have any in stock, but said they would be in on Monday night, and we could pick it up on Tuesday. The very next day, the phone rings and it's the guy from the store. He said my computer was in and I could pick it up anytime. A very nice surprise for me. Not the top of the line, but it will do everything I want it to, and more.

I was planning on hooking up my existing monitor to it so I could expand my desktop and work with larger images, but my desk top monitor, doesn't have the plug in the back that I need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I gotta new toy too!-img_3823.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information