I got published.

Printable View

• 03-13-2004, 04:57 PM
    ThoughtfulPirate
    I got published.
    My friend just called me and told me one of my pictures got run in Holeshot in Mountain Biking magazine! Its pretty cool. The art director at Dirt Rag also told me he might run one of mine sometime soon too. I am really excited, Im having so much fun taking pictures too.

EDIT: I just saw it, and Brianc has a picture right above mine, and photo John is a couple of pages later. Congratulations.
  • 03-14-2004, 07:45 AM
    another view
    That's great - it's always exciting to see your work in print. See if you can get a half a dozen copies of the magazine that it's in. That way you can show it to people, give out a copy or two, and still have a copy or two kept in a safe place so they don't get damaged. Publication credits are a good thing! Now where's that shot?
  • 03-14-2004, 07:51 AM
    ThoughtfulPirate
    1 Attachment(s)
    Heres the shot. Its not even my best, it was before I got my new camera, but I still love this shot.
  • 03-14-2004, 08:00 AM
    mtbbrian
    Ride On!
    Way to go TP!
    You too Bri and John!

Brian
  • 03-15-2004, 07:15 PM
    brianc
    sweet!
    Nice job. I can't wait to see it. Is it in the April issue? I just ran out to get a copy, but the March issue is still on the shelves here. Can you discribe the shot of mine that got in? I sent two.

I did see that our own berrywise has a great night riding shot in that issue.

b
  • 03-16-2004, 08:43 AM
    natatbeach
    can a magazine
    really handle all that talent...congrats---good job:)
  • 03-16-2004, 01:21 PM
    ThoughtfulPirate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brianc
    Nice job. I can't wait to see it. Is it in the April issue? I just ran out to get a copy, but the March issue is still on the shelves here. Can you discribe the shot of mine that got in? I sent two.

I did see that our own berrywise has a great night riding shot in that issue.

b

Its the april issue. Rider is Andy Nagle, it is him going down a little rock outcropping thing, taken from the side. Cliffs in the background. Its pretty weird, because I see my shot, then I look to the right and see a shot from someone I know in Asheville, NC, then I look up and see your shot above that. Then there is an ad on the next page by shuntavi from mtbr, then a whole article about mtbr with pictures of Photo John.