I feel ill...

Printable View

• 02-23-2004, 02:25 PM
    Sebastian
    I feel ill...
    My 50mm EF f/1.8 II will be here Wednesday, I should be picking up the 10D Thursday or Friday...is this really happening???
  • 02-23-2004, 02:35 PM
    Kokopeli
    10d????
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian
    My 50mm EF f/1.8 II will be here Wednesday, I should be picking up the 10D Thursday or Friday...is this really happening???

Don't tell me you are switching over to <i>that </i> team.. What will you do with all your Nikon gear?

Say it ain't so Sebastian!!!
  • 02-23-2004, 02:47 PM
    Sebastian
    Hey Brian...afraid it's true.

Sold my second D100 today. Will evaluate the 10D and if it works reliably enough, the other Nikon stuff is going as well. It will all be for sale most likely, so if you're interested in some well-kept Nikon gear and lenses, drop me an email... :)
  • 02-23-2004, 02:51 PM
    Kokopeli
    Why??
    Quote:

Hey Brian...afraid it's true.

Sold my second D100 today. Will evaluate the 10D and if it works reliably enough, the other Nikon stuff is going as well. It will all be for sale most likely, so if you're interested in some well-kept Nikon gear and lenses, drop me an email... :)

What happened to make you switch? Keep me posted about your equipment...
    ~Brian
  • 02-23-2004, 02:54 PM
    Sebastian
    To make a long story short...
  • 02-23-2004, 03:32 PM
    dsl712
    Alright.
    Seb,

Glad to hear you are taking the leap. You will enjoy it. I'll see you this weekend and we can talk shop : )

Dennis
  • 02-23-2004, 05:55 PM
    Trevor Ash
    Quote:

You're not only sick, you're twisted.
  • 02-23-2004, 06:22 PM
    Liz
    Hey......way to go!
    I won't say any more, lest I start a war. However, we all know that great feeling of getting new gear, regardless of what it is!

Congratulations.....and don't forget to post those pics.

Liz ;)

Quote:

• 02-23-2004, 07:46 PM
    Sebastian
    Glad to be getting so mcuh support... :D

Peli, did you get my message?

I'll keep you guys posted...god I hope the thing focuses...
  • 02-23-2004, 08:03 PM
    mtbbrian
    I can see why!!?
    I can see why you are feeling so ill Seb!
    Canon! Seb!!!! What are you thinking man!
    Oh Well!
    Just all the more AWESOME Nikon gear for me then!!!
    :D :rolleyes:
    Hope it works out for you?
  • 02-23-2004, 08:33 PM
    kafin8ed
    [QUOTE=I'll keep you guys posted...god I hope the thing focuses...[/QUOTE]

Hey Seb, i know you're worried about the back focusing issue. I just wanted to let you know that My 10D does not have the issue. I've had some focusing problems but was able to determine that the wrong settings were being used at the time, the problems were my fault. That's not to say that some bad bodies aren't out there, the people I know having them know what they are doing but most of the afflicted seemed to buy their bodies well before me including PJ. Hopefully it's something that Canon worked out of their system. I don't hear about backfocusing problems with the digirebel and it's supposed to have the same chip. I think there's a real good chance you won't have any issue with it. Good luck and welcome to the club! :D
    -Alan
  • 02-23-2004, 08:42 PM
    Sebastian
    Alan,

I think you're right...at least I hope. It seems the focus issues were early on, I am keeping my fingers crossed. That's part of the reason why I'm buying locally, I want to be able to take it back if I need to.
  • 02-24-2004, 07:28 AM
    Speed
    I'll Second That!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    I can see why you are feeling so ill Seb!
    Canon! Seb!!!! What are you thinking man!
    Oh Well!
    Just all the more AWESOME Nikon gear for me then!!!
    :D :rolleyes:
    Hope it works out for you?

"Another one bites the dust!"
  • 02-24-2004, 07:33 AM
    Speed
    As Well You Should!!!
    Quote:

Has the whole world gone mad? First Paul, now Seb! Is there no end to the insanity?!

See, this is what happens when you go over to the Dark Side (digital)! It messes up your mind.

"Once you start down the dark side, consume you it will." Yoda was VERY WISE!

I guess at this rate I will be the Last Nikon Samuarai. And the last film shooter. :-(

Sigh...

Congrats on your new gear buddy! I hope it is everything you want. :-)
  • 02-24-2004, 08:37 AM
    mtbbrian
    Oh No You Wont!!
    Unlike Seb, I will remain true to Nikon!
    And I still shoot film too!
    NIKON RULES!!!
    I am with you brother!
    Brian
    NIKON! NIKON! NIKON!
  • 02-24-2004, 08:40 AM
    Speed
    Nikon Rules!!!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    Unlike Seb, I will remain true to Nikon!
    And I still shoot film too!
    NIKON RULES!!!
    I am with you brother!
    Brian
    NIKON! NIKON! NIKON!

You got it! You and I will be the Nikon Samurai's!

Long live Nikon! Long live film!

:-)
  • 02-24-2004, 09:23 AM
    darkrainfall
    Interesting...
    Hmm... a switch to Canon digital from Nikon... I've stood up for my Nikon cameras for quite some time, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should try out Canon. I've used Nikon ever since I started taking pics, and I'm relatively happy with my D100. However, I've also spent many, many hours defending my choice of equipment. What's so great about the new Canon digital camera?
  • 02-24-2004, 10:23 AM
    another view
    Yeah, I'm on the waiting list for the new EOS-1DII. No, no, no, I'm sticking with the Nikon stuff I've got! And then there were three...

I haven't given up on film either - just got some more Tri-X yesterday. Canon does make nice stuff, no doubt about it. I heard Jim Brandenburg is making the switch too. Good luck with the new gear!
  • 02-24-2004, 10:47 AM
    Sebastian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by darkrainfall
    What's so great about the new Canon digital camera?

Well, 8.5 frames per second, at 8.2 megapixel, 40 frame buffer, very low noise, very high resolution, very well built.

Need I go on...? :D

THis is what the D2H should have been...

If you're happy with the Nikon stuff, sure stay with it. THe ergonomics are wonderful, and the pics are great. But there is no choice in it, you only get to pick from the bodies they want to make, Canon makes many bodies to meet many needs, and you get to pick what suits you.

I think Canon listens to its curtomer base much more so than Nikon.
  • 02-24-2004, 10:52 AM
    Kokopeli
    Can I be one too???
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed
    You and I will be the Nikon Samurai's!

I wanna be a Nikon Samurai!! I still shoot with Nikon gear!!! Please?? PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSE!! ;^)
    ~B
  • 02-24-2004, 11:51 AM
    darkrainfall
    Seb,

I'd have to agree with you... Canon does listen to their clients better than Nikon. Nikon just doesn't have the customer service skills they should have. Oh... and that Canon... I now have camera envy... I think I might need one. *smile*

Does Canon have an equivilant to the Nikon Professional Program?
  • 02-24-2004, 11:59 AM
    Sebastian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by darkrainfall
    Does Canon have an equivilant to the Nikon Professional Program?

Yes, it's called CPS, and they tend to do more for you than Nikon. Beyond cleaning and service they also tend to have tryouts at events, where you can play with, and sometimes borrow for the event, hardware you may not own.

ANd like I said before, the amount of time Chuck Westfall spends in forums answerig questions, clarifying functions, talking about the future, he alone is worth his wait in gold to s frustrated Nikon owner, since we really are not told anything, about anything by Nikon.
  • 02-24-2004, 12:48 PM
    Speed
    I wanna be a Nikon Samurai!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokopeli
    I wanna be a Nikon Samurai!! I still shoot with Nikon gear!!! Please?? PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSE!! ;^)
    ~B

Alright! Nikon now has three samurai's!

Welcome to the club!

:-)
  • 02-24-2004, 03:31 PM
    JDub
    Quote:

I'm not interested in the Nikon/Canon switch. What I really, really want to know is ....

Where in the world did you find the 50mm EF f/1.8 in stock? Geez that must be the most popular lens ever, I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
  • 02-24-2004, 03:59 PM
    Sebastian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JDub
    I'm not interested in the Nikon/Canon switch. What I really, really want to know is ....

Where in the world did you find the 50mm EF f/1.8 in stock? Geez that must be the most popular lens ever, I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

www.samys.com - $69.95

:D