I was bored today....

Printable View

• 02-21-2005, 11:50 PM
    racingpinarello
    1 Attachment(s)
    I was bored today....
    The weather in California has been miserable lately. Rain, rain, rain on the big three day weekend. Had to scrub the Death Valley trip, and didn't really do much this weekend.

But, still itching to take a picture of something I played around today. We went to a local beach in Northern Calfornia and prayed for a sunset. It didn't come, but I was wanted to work on using a digital cameras for landscape pictures. Today, I went for a surreal beach shot.

It was good to get out from having cabin fever all weekend and to play around.

Loren
  • 02-22-2005, 06:56 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: I was bored today....
    Really beautiful image. It pretty clear that married life agrees with your photography.
  • 02-22-2005, 07:06 AM
    another view
    Great observation, Old Timer! It's still a nice shot - we can't control the conditions we're going to get, but there's always a great image to be made. Part of the challenge.

Your story reminded me of William Neill's Dawson Lake photograph. I can't link directly to it, but you can see a link to the poster on his home page. He shoots 4x5 and was waiting for a sunrise that never came. This became his biggest selling image!
  • 02-23-2005, 07:05 AM
    walterick
    Ooh! Very nice! Loren I think this is one my favorites!

I hate it when you drive %&*# hours to get somewhere to get that shot, but then it never happens. On the other hand, I love it when something else pops up out of the blue that's even better than what you imagined :)

Good work!
    Rick
  • 02-24-2005, 09:41 AM
    villenadecorte
    Awesome shot Loren! Which location was this in No.Cal?
    Rebekah
    VillenaDeCorte
  • 02-24-2005, 11:41 AM
    racingpinarello
    Bean Hollow Beach
    Quote:

Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    Awesome shot Loren! Which location was this in No.Cal?
    Rebekah
    VillenaDeCorte

Hi Rebekah,

Thank you. This was located at Bean Hollow Beach which is south of Pescadero. It's dog friendly so it was good for the dog too...:)

Loren
  • 02-24-2005, 11:45 AM
    racingpinarello
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    Great observation, Old Timer! It's still a nice shot - we can't control the conditions we're going to get, but there's always a great image to be made. Part of the challenge.

Your story reminded me of William Neill's Dawson Lake photograph. I can't link directly to it, but you can see a link to the poster on his home page. He shoots 4x5 and was waiting for a sunrise that never came. This became his biggest selling image!

Hey Steve..Thanks for the link..I truly believe that luck and perserverance plays a big role in nature photography.

Loren