ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    elmo

I am off for my holiday adventure.

Well, Thanksgiving has never been too great for me. All I've done today is gone out riding with some friends, that's about it. My girlfriend is up in Bishop visiting family for the rest of this week, my mother and I, well, long story, and I prefer not to go over to my step-dads relatives, just because it's uncomfortable for me. My holiday dinner consisted of me trying to find a Burger King that was open because I was craving those stupid chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce. Haha. I am bored, alone at home, and all my friends are out with family, so I am off on an adventure for the evening. Grabbing my D-70, my tripod, my Coffee Bean mug, and I am heading out on the road for a mini photo adventure. Don't know where to. Just going to go out and drive around and see what I can find. I'll post my findings tomorrow. =) Wish me luck.

Report?

Kyle-
    I've had holidays like that before. I actually kind of like them now. Sometimes all the familial obligations just add stress when I want a break. I almost always go on a bike ride on a holiday. No matter what, that makes me feel good. Plus, I find my own company is usually pretty entertaining

I looked and couldn't find anothert post. What did you do? I think you should have gone to Bishop with your girlfriend. I love Bishop. There's all kinds of cool outdoorsy stuff to do up there - including Hot Creek (near Mammoth)! Plus, there's a great sandwish place and a mexican restaurant I really like.

Waiting for your report...
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The call of the Road

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Kyle-
    I've had holidays like that before. I actually kind of like them now. Sometimes all the familial obligations just add stress when I want a break. I almost always go on a bike ride on a holiday. No matter what, that makes me feel good. Plus, I find my own company is usually pretty entertaining

I looked and couldn't find anothert post. What did you do? I think you should have gone to Bishop with your girlfriend. I love Bishop. There's all kinds of cool outdoorsy stuff to do up there - including Hot Creek (near Mammoth)! Plus, there's a great sandwish place and a mexican restaurant I really like.

Waiting for your report...
    I try to make at least one Road trip every year. Plan a route somewhere I've never been before with lots of scenic spots, nobody else with me to stop me doing exactly what I feel like, then just go and see what's out there.

I notice that we all have one preoccupation - good places to eat. My overnight stops are always chosen with a good restaurant close at hand.

Charles

Thread Information