I Am Loved

Printable View

• 08-10-2004, 07:50 AM
    Speed
    4 Attachment(s)
    I Am Loved
    And I am spoiled!

Went to Greenville last Tuesday (while Hurricane Alex was passing by off-shore) and stopped at my favorite camera store, ASAP Photo. While we were there, the wife suggested that I see if they had a flash brackett. One Stoboframe quick flip went onto the counter. Got to have a sync cord for the flash to work on it. A SC-28 went onto the counter. Then the owner shows us that the Stroboframe, while positioning the flash on top of the camera in the vertical position, is still not quite over the lens. He recommended a MB-16 battery pack as the solution. Works just right, so the MB-16 went onto the counter. Of course, there's a piece to hold the flash to keep it from slipping (only $11.95), so the wife said to add that to the pile. $237 later, I am set to take vertical portraits without shadowing. We actually bought this for my brother's wedding. He asked me to shoot it for him, and I want it done right.

But wait, I have been looking for a Pentax 50mm f1.4 lens for astrophotography work. ASAP had one about three months ago, and Dawn told me to buy it the next time I got up there, which was a week or two later. Gone. Already sold. The owner says he has one at home he'll sell me. I've been looking every time I get up there, but no 50mm f1.4, so I figure it's already sold too. Nope.

As we're looking at my pile of goodies, the owner says, "I brought in that Pentax 50mm f1.4 lens you wanted". He had put it aside for me in the back! I am a happy man. :-)

I'm also staying out of ASAP Photo for a while. ;-)

Now, should I tell Dawn that Old Timer's wife told him to "go ahead and buy that 80-200mm f2.8 lens you've been wanting"? :-O
  • 08-10-2004, 11:10 AM
    katt
    Lookit all those new toys! fun fun fun.

I usually do a lot of bouncing with my flash for weddings.

Lucky man, but then you know that already don't you :)
  • 08-10-2004, 12:10 PM
    Speed
    Bouncing Flash...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by katt
    Lookit all those new toys! fun fun fun.

I usually do a lot of bouncing with my flash for weddings.

Lucky man, but then you know that already don't you :)

Was how I usually shot portraits and weddings. If the ceilings are low, and white, then it's not a problem. But other times....

Now that is a problem I won't have to contend with.

Lucky me!
  • 08-10-2004, 01:06 PM
    Old Timer
    You are a lucky guy....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed
    And I am spoiled!

Now, should I tell Dawn that Old Timer's wife told him to "go ahead and buy that 80-200mm f2.8 lens you've been wanting"? :-O

You are one lucky guy. Great additions to the camera bag. The MB16 will prove to be the best thing you purchased. You are going to love the way it improves the feel and handling of the N80. Now if you had just pushed a little harder on the 80-200.
  • 08-10-2004, 01:51 PM
    Speed
    As For The MB-16...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    You are one lucky guy. Great additions to the camera bag. The MB16 will prove to be the best thing you purchased. You are going to love the way it improves the feel and handling of the N80. Now if you had just pushed a little harder on the 80-200.

I already love it! I love the way it feels in my hand. I love that I have more "camera" to hold onto. I never really gave the MB-16 much thought before. But now that I have it, I love it!

Yeah, next I'll push for the 80-200mm. But not anytime soon! I'm a lucky guy. I'm loved very much. But there's no need to push things. ;-)

Thanks for the comments O.T.!
  • 08-11-2004, 11:03 PM
    opus
    Aww, look at the proud papa with all his new babies!! :D
  • 08-12-2004, 05:08 AM
    Speed
    Aww, look at the proud papa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybean
    Aww, look at the proud papa with all his new babies!! :D

That's one way to look at it!

Personally, I get a kick out of seeing my fellow photog's getting new gear. I'm happy for them, and I love the excitement they have. I was trying to share the excitement. Looks like I may have succeeded!