ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Question Holga help please

Where can I get some pieces of foam to keep the film tight in my classic Holga 120S? Jamming the end piece of a film box under the spool works but the foam does an excellent job...

Thanks for any ideas, Max
    Last edited by Max P D; 09-07-2006 at 01:41 PM.
    "Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire." - Reggie Leach

Re: Holga help please

Hi Max,

This is just an idea...do you have any hobby/craft stores near you? We have a huge chain store here called Hobby Lobby, and they have pretty much every kind of raw material you could possibly make something from.

Paul

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Try is >>> http://www.toycamera.com/tips/tension.cfm
    I have tried this and it didn't work for me, I am not sure why.I would consider it reliable though.
    So I still use the ends of a box.
    Good Luck!
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Quote Originally Posted by photophorous
    Hi Max,

This is just an idea...do you have any hobby/craft stores near you? We have a huge chain store here called Hobby Lobby, and they have pretty much every kind of raw material you could possibly make something from.

Paul
    Good suggestion Paul! Yep, there are plenty of these stores nearby. I'm looking to scrounge/recycle the foam from something else if possible since I only need about three or four inches. I'm sure it's inexpensive enough to buy a 100-foot roll of foam but then I'd have the remaining 99-feet stuffed in some drawer for the next 10 years... Thanks for the input - I may end up doing just what you suggest. If I could buy it by the foot, that would be the way to go. :thumbsup:
    "Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire." - Reggie Leach

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    Try is >>> http://www.toycamera.com/tips/tension.cfm
    I have tried this and it didn't work for me, I am not sure why.I would consider it reliable though.
    So I still use the ends of a box.
    Good Luck!
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    Hey Brian, thanks for the link! The metal clips look good and I'll keep that in mind. :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Max P D
    Good suggestion Paul! Yep, there are plenty of these stores nearby. I'm looking to scrounge/recycle the foam from something else if possible since I only need about three or four inches. I'm sure it's inexpensive enough to buy a 100-foot roll of foam but then I'd have the remaining 99-feet stuffed in some drawer for the next 10 years... Thanks for the input - I may end up doing just what you suggest. If I could buy it by the foot, that would be the way to go. :thumbsup:
    Max,

From my experience you can usually buy small quantities of that kind of thing. I've found all kinds of useful stuff at Hobby Lobby (and cheap frames too). That's where I'll be going when I'm ready to replace the light seals in my Canonet.

Good luck,
    Paul

Thread Information