Re: The Highlights of Your Life....
    Ahem...*patiently waiting on Rick*
  • 08-01-2006, 07:46 AM
    walterick
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schrackman
    Ahem...*patiently waiting on Rick*

Rick's life is packed in boxes and buried in the garage. I'm afraid it's going to be a wait...

But I'm anxious to get in there and dig through them all, both for this thread and for Larry's photographer thread. I was hoping more people would jump on this one. Where is everyone?
  • 08-10-2006, 05:09 AM
    adina
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Where is everyone?

Packed in boxes and buried in the garage.
  • 08-15-2006, 11:36 PM
    schrackman
    4 Attachment(s)
    Well here I am posting again in hopes of breathing a little life into this thread. C'mon folks, I know you ain't THAT busy, lol!

These are from a very special highlight in my life...when I went on my first missionary trip to the Philippines in the early 90s. My host was Pastor Rodante Quito, who took me all over the province of Pampanga preaching the Word of God. In these first two photos we went to go preach in a local jail. Here I am preaching to the convicts and praying with others after the service. All in all, about 12 souls converted to Jesus Christ before I left.

In the third photo I am seen giving a Bible study at church camp. What a fun time that was!!! The night I preached at church camp there was this giant lizard on the wall (about 1.5 feet, does that qualify as giant?), and we all could swear it sounded like it saying "Amen" throughout the whole sermon!

And the fourth photo is with a sister in the church with whom I became friends. I think she kinda had a crush on me at the time but never really let on because she was so shy, lol. Of course nothing could have come of it anyway, as I was engaged to Claudia at the time. :) The back of the picture says I was in Mapiņa, Magalang, Pampanga when this photo was taken. Can't even remember where exactly that was as Pastor Quito took me to so many different places.

One of these days I hope to go back and do some more missionary work there for a brief spell.

Edit: I just noticed I posted the pictures in reverse order. Ooops!
  • 08-21-2006, 08:21 AM
    jorgemonkey
    My parents moved and they've got all the old pictures of me (Well, I found some!) So I'll try to work on my collage in the next day or so. It'll mostly be more recent shots.
  • 08-23-2006, 07:58 AM
    walterick
    Unfortunatley, I've got to unstick this to make room for "progress." I know there's still some interest in posting in here, so let's not give up on it yet :)
  • 08-23-2006, 05:36 PM
    Kasey48
    Well, O.K. then...Here are a couple of me as a wee lad. My father, (the cool dude in the shades), was a pilot, and instilled in me a love flying and airplanes from a very early age. I'm told that my grandmother sewed that coat (in the second pic) for my first birthday...Dad made the model....
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...r/File0007.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...r/File0009.jpg
  • 08-23-2006, 10:50 PM
    schrackman
    Great classic photos, Kasey! I especially like the second one. The jacket is so typical of those times. Thanks for posting! You're welcome to share more, you know.
  • 08-24-2006, 05:27 AM
    Old Timer
    Wonderful images from the past. My Mom has a few of me that are very similar. Thanks for playing.