ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Hi there

Hi there

I posted here years ago, before you guys were all robots with cameras imbedded in your irises. (I see a lot of familiar names) I lurk when I get the time, or when my computer isn't battling the spyware version of the bubonic plague.

Anyway, trying to convert some old negs to digital files. I took these two shots of Rhett Miller from the Old 97s probably five or six years ago, P&S with flash off, and old Royal Gold 1000 (remember that one?) I may have posted at least one of these before. Grain is monstrous, compostion still good.

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain

Old 97s!

Kathy you rock! Well, actually they rock - but you're not bad either!

Yep I remember you, good to see you back. Thanks for sharing!

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Re: Old 97s!

Royal Gold!?! Wow that takes me back. Remember being so broke that I had to find the film that was on sale...lol. Nothing like knowing that you took an awesome shot with gray market film. That's a wait for processing that really stresses you out!

Welcome back to the boards. Your pics are awesome. I can't wait to see more!

ROCK ON!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    Royal Gold!?! Wow that takes me back. Remember being so broke that I had to find the film that was on sale...lol. Nothing like knowing that you took an awesome shot with gray market film. That's a wait for processing that really stresses you out!

Welcome back to the boards. Your pics are awesome. I can't wait to see more!

ROCK ON!
    Hey, I love mutant film. I rule that big fishbowl of expired film at the counter.

Seriously, I forgot how gritty that stuff was when wasn't a lot out there for low-light shooting, I did some more concert stuff last month with fuji1600, and Ilford delta 3200. No comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by kathyp
    Hey, I love mutant film. I rule that big fishbowl of expired film at the counter.

Seriously, I forgot how gritty that stuff was when wasn't a lot out there for low-light shooting, I did some more concert stuff last month with fuji1600, and Ilford delta 3200. No comparison.
    I am sort of an anomalistic photog myself, because I absolutely love grainy films. The more the better. Mostly for B&W, but what you have posted here in color is really working for me. I've done some shooting with ilford 3200, and I just love it.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Smile Hi Kathy!

Quote Originally Posted by kathyp
    I posted here years ago, before you guys were all robots with cameras imbedded in your irises. (I see a lot of familiar names) I lurk when I get the time, or when my computer isn't battling the spyware version of the bubonic plague.

Anyway, trying to convert some old negs to digital files. I took these two shots of Rhett Miller from the Old 97s probably five or six years ago, P&S with flash off, and old Royal Gold 1000 (remember that one?) I may have posted at least one of these before. Grain is monstrous, compostion still good.
    Good to see you back on PR!

Nice shots as well. I really like the second one. Great catch.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Re: Hi there

Hi there! Welcome back!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Thread Information