ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Hi! I am new here...

Hi!

My name is Alexandru Vulpe and I am a beginner photographer.I have a FujiFilm S5800 camera since May, this year.I tried as much as I could to learn the camera and to learn photography.Here, you have attached some pictures I took a few days after I purchased my camera and another one I recently took in my trip to Bulgaria.
    I don't have the money to buy a Digital Rebel (what can I say about a D30 ) so I have to stick with this FujiFilm.I am trying to upgrade it as much as I can so I have asked for your help here, before actually purchasing anything :
    Just a few questions
    No replies so far
    I am waiting for your opinion about my pictures.

Have a nice day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hi! I am new here...-1008-123_2.jpg   Hi! I am new here...-2008_5080073.jpg   Hi! I am new here...-2008_5090114.jpg   Hi! I am new here...-2008_5100056.jpg   Hi! I am new here...-2008_5100110.jpg  

Re: Hi! I am new here...

Welcome to the boards Alex!

You seem to have the eye for photohgraphy. You certainly have no trouble finding interesting subjects. You need to work on form and compositin a bit, but you certianly seem to be getting the best out of your camera.

Don't worry about upgrading right now. Just focus on learing you craft. As a fellow photog of mine once said, "You must learn the rules first, then you can completely ignore them."

Keep at it!

BTW... The dandilion puff is my favorite of you set here. Very nice detail.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Hello, Alexadru! I saw your post about upgrading your camera but did not respond because I don't know the answer.
    For the above pictures I like the dog in the alley shot best. It could use some composition help such as not having the dog in the middle of the frame and not having the car fender in the corner but it tells a story so that's why I like it.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

hi there,people already mentioned the composition part of your technique,the first is good but had you walked onto the field just ahead of the power lines to get the windfarm shot,would have made it perfect,the dog shot is good too, but the eye is taken away to the garbage in the background and car to the side,i feel a more of a crop of the dog placed in the third position of the frame would be best,the last three shots are great,you really do have a eye for photography,its not the camera but the photographer that makes the shot come alive,i feel your really on your way,good luck in the future.
    Nikon D300
    11mm-16mm tokina f2.8
    18mm-55mm
    55mm-200mm vr.
    Nikon F65
    28mm-80mm
    28mm-70mm
    Sony H5 p&s
    1.7 tele lens
    nikon sb-800
    nikon sb-600

Welcome Alexandru

Love the flower shots. Can't add anything more to what the guys above said.

Please, come back often and post more pictures.
    Dave

Nikon D60 :thumbsup:
    Nikor 35 f 1.8 ... Nikor 18-200 f 3.5/5.6 ...Nikor 18-55 f 3.5/5.6 ... Nikor 55-200mm f 4.5/5.6
    Nikon SB-600 Flash

Fujifilm FinePix S9000 - A Digicam ...
    Not a true DSLR but close enough :wink5:
    Promaster 5750DX Flash

Nikon FG :thumbsup:
    Nikon 50mm f 1.8 ,,, Quantaray 28-80mm f 3.5-4.5 ... Quantaray 80-300mm F 5
    Nikon MD-E motor drive
    Nikon SB-15 Flash

Talking Re: Hi! I am new here...

Welcome Alexandru. I can't add much to what the folks above have said. If you can find books by Freeman Patterson, he writes more about techniques and composition than the technical side of photography. Depending on what you photograph, there are a number of specialty books around for Nature photography, Landscape photography, etc. As well, there is a vast amount of material available on the web. Go for it.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thank you all for your kind replies!

Now to answer some of your replies :
    - I don't regret the dog being in the middle, nor the background.In my opinion, it gave detail to the picture.I am addicted to pictures with a lot of detail and colors All I regret is the car fender.The dog is the main subject of the picture.I liked it because he had such a solemn stance.
    - I usually shot landscapes or wildlife.My pictures with people are awfull.Maybe it's the camera, maybe it's because of me.I will know when I will be able to get a more expensive camera.
    - I wish I could get on the field and not get the power lines in the frame, but when I took the picture, I was in a car speeding with 60 mph on the high way.So, I didn't had much of a choice.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

If you don't like the fender, either, why not crop it out?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Greetings from Spain

Thread Information