• 03-25-2008, 07:48 PM
    Old Timer
    5 Attachment(s)
    Hey Mr. Clinton Look This Way!
    At 4:00 pm this afternoon I got a heads up from brhitch that our little Burg was going to get a quick visit from former President Bill Clinton. He was in KY stumping for the Mrs. Word got out and about 250 people gathered at the local Dairy Queen to await the impromptu stop. It was touch and go for a while he is going to stop, he isn't going to stop. At a little after 5:00 a local dignitary climbed into a truck bed to say the secret service had stopped the visit for security reasons. Less than 5 minutes later a motorcade of 6 Suburbans came rolling into the Dairy Queen parking lot and out rolled the former president. He was around for about 15 or 20 minutes shook lots of hands and even made his own ice cream cone. Brian got some great pics I'm sure. I hope that he'll post a few after the paper gets their pick. In the mean while here are a few that I managed to grab while the former president pressed flesh and urged everyone to remember his wife in the primary election.
  • 03-25-2008, 07:51 PM
    Old Timer
    3 Attachment(s)
    Re: Hey Mr. Clinton Look This Way!
    Just a couple more. Oh and that was (Brian) brhitch taking that last one of Bill.
  • 03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
    Frog
    That pecan mud pie looks good.
    You actually got some nice shots. Good job!
  • 03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
    Greg McCary
    Well done OT. Did you manage an autograph?
  • 03-25-2008, 11:18 PM
    brmill26
    Wow! Very cool experience OT. It's a rare list indeed of those who can say "I shot the President." :)
  • 03-26-2008, 04:47 AM
    Liz
    Congratulations OT! Whether or not you like the pres, it's exciting to be able to capture some great photos as you sure did!

These are some of the best images I've seen of him to be honest.

Liz
  • 03-26-2008, 04:53 AM
    mjs1973
    What a great experience Larry!
  • 03-26-2008, 05:22 AM
    Old Timer
    It was a lot of fun just being around all the excitement. The secret service, crowds of people and state/local officials made it quit a circus. I hope that Brian will post a few of his, as official media he had a little better access than I did when we were inside the Dairy Queen as you could see from my pictures.
  • 03-26-2008, 06:55 AM
    IndyRick
    Very nice! I love the expression on his face on the 4th one. Wonder what he was thinking? ;)
  • 03-26-2008, 07:32 AM
    Julian Miller
    Very nice work/pictures, well done!!!!!!

Julian
  • 03-26-2008, 08:34 AM
    Sebastian
    Cool experience and nice photos!
  • 03-26-2008, 11:54 AM
    brhitch
    Nice shots Larry. Really like the portrait you got of him at the top.
  • 03-26-2008, 12:08 PM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brhitch
    Nice shots Larry. Really like the portrait you got of him at the top.

Thanks Brian. I had a half dozen or so of him from this range with the 28-70mm. I liked that one the best. This is the first time that I really have seen a need for a second SB800. I sure would have liked to have had one on the D2h with the 12-24mm, but I had to make a choice and I went with it on the D200 with the 28-70mm. Had to jack my ISO on the D2h inside and you know what you get then.
  • 03-26-2008, 04:54 PM
    Dave Smith
    Very nice pics OT

I am envious
  • 03-27-2008, 10:17 AM
    JETA
    These are really great Larry. What a super duper experience!
  • 03-27-2008, 11:18 AM
    Old Timer
    Thanks for the looks and the comments Dave, Seb and Julie. It is a once in a lifetime experience when a former president comes to a small rural town of 3000 in KY and spends as much time and press as much flesh as Mr. Clinton did Tuesday.
  • 03-28-2008, 03:37 AM
    another view
    Great experience, glad you were able to be there! I've only seen one President in person before - Ford, but that was when I was a kid...
  • 03-28-2008, 05:57 AM
    Old Timer
    I appreciate the comment Steve. As I've said before even though I reside on the other side of the aisle, it was a once in a lifetime experience to be up that close to a former President of the United States.