• 11-18-2004, 05:00 PM
    Janie
    Hey All! Guess What I Got!?!?
    Yes, that's right, I got the Canon Digital Rebel! ;-) It was getting very expensive to keep developing my film and I figure I can use all the lenses I have for my rebel for the digi-rebel. So, I figure I can save money in the long run by getting this? lol :D ;)

I've been super busy with the virtual tour business so I haven't been able to post much lately! I designed my website for my business (and added a few non-professional shots of my nieces and nephew, as well as some of my fantasy stuff, but not many).

I'm so excited! Going to shoot a shot tonight, so we'll see how well I figure this out in the dark! Any good settings I should try for the dark nightclub/low light atmosphere if I don't want to use flash (that is so unprofessional looking in rock photography - my hugest pet peeve!).

Cya!
    Janie
  • 11-18-2004, 05:10 PM
    Janie
    Re: Hey All! Guess What I Got!?!?
    I have to tell you, I feel like such a dufus. I cannot figure out how to get the camera strap on! lmao I've done this a million times on my other camera, what the heck is wrong with me!!!!!!!

Okay, got it! Guess I was on excitement mode!
  • 11-18-2004, 06:51 PM
    schrackman
    Congradulations, Janie! You're gonna love the DRebel. Show us some pictures soon!

Ray
  • 11-18-2004, 07:55 PM
    Liz
    Congratulations!
    Janie,

You will love this camera! I've had mine for over a year, and I still love it just as much. I get the same thrill every time I use it - that I got the day I took it out of the box. It does an awesome job!

Post some pictures, Janie! :D

Liz
  • 11-19-2004, 12:07 PM
    shadz
    Another film to digital Rebel user here. I LoVE my machine! Don't waste any time grabbing real flash for it though, the on camera flash is the pits.

Good Luck!
  • 11-19-2004, 01:10 PM
    Janie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shadz
    Another film to digital Rebel user here. I LoVE my machine! Don't waste any time grabbing real flash for it though, the on camera flash is the pits.

Good Luck!

Actually, I need to play with it to figure out slow flash settings to use in my virtual tours. My coolpix created a shadow when I used my wide angle lens and flash, so if a room was dark, i couldn't do wide angle or I had to play with the lighting and settings for each and every room - it was driving me nuts! And it didn't have the boot on top for a high flash. So with this if I can do the slow flash, it will be perfect for what i'm doing. And hey, it came with the 18 mm lens which is pretty good for real estate photography!
  • 11-19-2004, 05:25 PM
    shadz
    I don't remember a whole lot of custom settings for flash, if you are talkin about slow shutter with flash, yeah, it's good for playing with. I got a hotshoe flash and I'm much happier with my results. Can't beat the ability to bounce it. Your mileage may vary. :D