ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Smile new to the community

new to the community-sf-night-lights.jpg

new to the community-moon-over-sf.jpg

Hi all!
    My name is Jordan and this is my first posting. I bought my first camera in 1987, a Nikon N4040. I'm not a professional photographer, in fact, an amateur. I love photgraphy but I just can't fully master how to manually set and use the camera (not auto mode). I took a beginner photography class in a local community college back when I was still fascinated with my nikon but I just lost interest as the time passed.

Less than a month ago, I purchased my second camera, the new nikon D80. The kit lens was back order so I came home and try to use an older lens from my nikon n4040. I took my first shot and I was amazed. I love this camera so I decided to renew my commitment with my lost hobby.

I bought 2 new lens designed for D80 and I'm excited to post my pictures. I live in San Francisco and adore the city. My first posting will be my home town.

I'm still earning how to use my nikon and this website so please bear with me and advise me gently.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: new to the community

Hi, Jordan.
    There was a bunch from here that recently had a get together for night shots in SF. You might want to scroll down to find their escapades and maybe you'll hook up with some of them sometime.

Looking good. Welcome too. I hope you post plenty of pictures...
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Love both shots! Well done!

Welcome aboard. Great way to start off with a couple of very nice images. If you want to improve you photography just stick around and take advantage of the knowledge that the posters on PR are more than willing to share. You have found the right place to learn and grow as a photographer. Post more images and ask questions.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Liz

Welcome Jordan,

Nice shots there! Reading your post I can tell you fit right in here! You'll learn a lot, and become a better photographer. We also have a lot of fun.

Liz

Jordan-
    Frog is right - a few of met last week and did a night shoot from Twin Peaks. But it looks like different weather. It was pretty wet and kinda foggy the night we were up there. Regardless, welcome to the site. Happy to have you. Also, please post a review for your D80. I think we still only have one review for that camera. Don't worry about your experience. Everyone's opinion counts:

Read and write Nikon D80 camera reviews >>

Once again - welcome to the site. And thanks in advance for the review!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information