ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Hello from New Jersey

Hello everyone.

I entered the digital scene in May of last year when I bought a Nikon D70. 20 years ago I had a Minolta XE-7 when my children were young. As they got older, I moved to video and my film camera gathered dust. The whole digital thing is amazing to me. I like the immediate feedback and the ability to adjust "on site" without waiting for film to develop.

I've captured some interesting macro and pet subjects. We've begun filling empty wall space in our home with some of the better ones. My wife likes gardening and I can record her work digitally. It cuts down on some of the tension when I talk about buying a new lens.

Recently, I picked up a used D2H, so I'm not exactly sure which camera would be considered my "backup". They both have their strong points. There's something exhilarating about squeezing off 8 FPS. Makes you just want to find a fast moving object to capture.I'd like to try some sports photography next.

I hope to be able to learn from the forums here and maybe I can contribute something useful once in a while.

Here's a link to some of my work:

http://www.nikonians-images.com/gall...0&ppuser=31532

Re: Hello from New Jersey

Vitame vas. I like your screen name. Good to have you here. I for one have enjoyed posting on this site very much and people are extremely helpful. They will make you feel welcome.

Na shledanou,

Greg

Pentax Forum Moderator

Welcome Czech...always glad to meet new members. We have a nice site here, very family oriented. I really like the shots on your nikonian site and look forward to seeing many more.
    Keep up the great work.
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Paul,

Your images were a joy to view. We have 1 fawn pup, I can just imagine the circus your make
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to Greg, Ken and PaulNJ for your words of encouragement. I look forward to an enjoyable experience with you all.

Regards,
    Paul O.

D70|D2H|Canon A610

Paul,

Some great shots on your link! Definately looking forward to see more of your work indepth! Enjoy the boards.

Jared

Thread Information