hello

Printable View

• 08-19-2009, 04:26 PM
    Barricade
    hello
    Well here I am. I'm somewhat new to this forum thing, but want to introduce myself.

Being that I know absoulutly no one here. I want to say that I know very little about the photo world. I have be snapping pics now on a regular basis now for the last 3years. I'm currently using a Finepix S5200 10X and do believe that I have reached the limitations of my camera. I've taken thousands of pics over the last 3 years and have come a long ways from the auto selector, but still have much more to learn. That is why I'm here. Not may photographers in my small area and the demand for wedding, family, and graduation portraits is high. This is something that I have always wanted to do.

I recently shot my first wedding and was not impressed with 20% of the pics I took.:mad2: Part of this is due to my nervous and inexperience and the limitations of my camera. So I'm in the process of now looking for a newer style camera and any advice from members that I can gather. Feel free to ask what is on your mind. I'm very open to any critisism and advice you members may have.

Thanks and looking forward to many discussions.

Mike
  • 08-19-2009, 04:41 PM
    OldClicker
    Re: hello
    Welcome, Mike. There are many very experienced photographers on this site that I'm sure will get you on the right track. Post a photo or two to give them something to work with.

TF

btw - I went to high school (long, long ago) 18 miles east of you.
  • 08-19-2009, 05:27 PM
    kernix
    I'm sure you were nervous for your first wedding shoot, as I was. I'm a nature shooter though these days, though I started as a portrait photographer. Is the camera you own an slr or a p&s?

I'd suggest subscribing to wedding magazines, sites, blogs to get an idea on specific compositions and lighting.
  • 08-19-2009, 05:38 PM
    Frog
    If you were only disappointed in 20% you're doing great.
    If you've been happily snaping pics for 3 years, you're already hooked.
    There's tons to learn but at least you only need to learn 1 thing at a time.
    Of course that one thing is related to 100 others but it pretty fascinating.
    Welcome and hope to see some of your work.
  • 08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
    Barricade
    I have a point and shoot. Of course with more options then I have mastered. LOL.