ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar

New addition to my family!!!!!!!!!

This is Bella, an older Arabian Mare. She was on a large ranch for the last ten years, but we've been going through a drought, and it was a tough winter for them, so they decided to let her and another Arabian Mare go. My best friend got the other mare. So when we ride together, the two Arabian Mares will be together again.

She's a little thin and she will quickly gain weight with us!

A very sweet horse who is just loving all of the attention! She has the typical pretty Arabian head, and will make a good photo subject for me. Now I'm also thinking about using her for some portraits/bridals/cowgirl type photos too. She seems calm enough.

Kathy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: New addition to my family!!!!!!!!!

Bella looks like she will be a wonderful addition. My son and daughter-in-law over in Midland have a loaner that they are riding now while they are breaking a mustang they got from a ranch farther west. Kate is really into the horse whisper thing and has been to several clinics and is doing a great job with it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

I dated a girl who had an arabian a long time ago. That horse was not only beautiful and smart but was amazingly graceful too! The horse also cost as much as my condo too ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thats one thing I wish I had here....an Arabian...I love em! Congrats on the new family member. I'll have to get my new puppy used to horses, my dog Casper who died Monday night loved horses, and used to play with an Arabian named Kia (Keyaa) and would sleep with her in the field too. It was so bad the dog thought he was a horse and the horse thought she was a dog. At that time I boarded Kia and two other Arabians. I miss doing that.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Just me and my camera

I love black and white photos; nice one Kathy!
    Can I ask, what film (brand name) did you use? thanks.
    "You put your camera around your neck along with putting on your shoes, and there it is, an appendage of the body that shares your life with you."--Dorothea Lange

A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar

Thanks everyone!

She is turning out to be a very sweet and gentle horse!

PGirl; this happens to be a digital shot converted to B&W in Photoshop. However, I still use some Ilford film with my trusty EOS3.

Kathy

Thread Information