ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Desert Living and Photography, anyone else living in a wasteland?

It's over 100 degrees here every day, not a tree in site. Just red rock, dirt, and scrub for miles.

Most days, once its past 10am, its too hot to go out until dark, and unless you drive 30-60 minutes, all you can photo really is rock and dirt.

Anyone else live in extreme desert areas? I am finding it harder to shoot locally, just because of the heat, and because I think the desert is ugly as sin.

What do some of the rest of you do during the sweltering summer?
    A good craftsman never blames his tools.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    GO TO AZ is what iI did last july/august HMMMMM I landed in pheonix at 10am and it was 109... within 15 minutes of loading my luggage I WAS SHOOTING BIRDS, LIZARDS AND CACTI ;)

Here is a great tip(though I'm sure you've figured this out)...... ALL LIVING CREATURES NEED WATER....find water and nature will come to you ;)

to be honest..... I WILL NEVER GO TO UTAH DURING SUMMER MONTHS BECAUSE OF YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT NATURE BEING SCARCE in your area.

If you want send me a person message or email ...paulnjmich(at)rcn(dot)com telling me WHEREexactly you live, what you want to shoot and whatever else you'd like to ask /tell me

I can research your surround areas for site to shoot(birds especially.... my friends are ALL birders/ ornithologists/ biologists)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

I think the desert is beautiful.. I guess I don't live in an extreme desert though. In the neighboring cities combined we have probably around 1/4million population up here but the open desert it just a stones throw from my house. I love hte colors, landscapes, sunrises, sunsets, etc.. The only trees we have are the trees people plant in thier yards (none grow on thier own) except Joshua trees. All that to say, I dig it..

Thread Information