ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

The Hauge Log Church

I took a little trip Saturday afternoon to see the Hauge (pronounced How-gee) Log Church. The church was built by Norwegian settlers in 1852. The church is a 22' square structure with a small balcony. It was abandoned in 1887 when the congregation grew too large for it to handle. It was left abandoned until 1926 when it was restored and it was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. The church remains unlocked and is open to the public. You can also rent the church for weddings and other private events. This was my first visit, and more of a scouting trip than anything, but I did manage to make a few images. Notice in the 3rd image how steep the steps are to get up to the balcony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Hauge Log Church-hauge_log_church5.jpg   The Hauge Log Church-hauge_log_church.jpg   The Hauge Log Church-hauge_log_church2.jpg   The Hauge Log Church-hauge_log_church3.jpg   The Hauge Log Church-_mg_9189.jpg  

Last edited by mjs1973; 08-31-2010 at 05:30 AM.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: The Hauge Log Church

Great shots Mike, love the HDR stuff.
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

These are beautiful photos and that is a beautiful old church. I'm glad it's been preserved. It would be a beautiful place to have and shoot a wedding. I especially love that windo reflection photo. That ripply old glass with the golden reflection is sweet. I even like your HDR!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thanks Pete and John. I hope to have some more time this weekend to get back and take some more photos. I tried not to get to heavy handed with the HDR on these. I like a more natural looking HDR image but I don't think these are too over the top. I may try to redo them to see if I can get a more natural looking image.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I like a more natural looking HDR image but I don't think these are too over the top. I may try to redo them to see if I can get a more natural looking image.
    They're pretty good and I can definitely see how the HDR helped here. I think if you backed it off just a bit and increased the contrast a tad they'd be just about perfect.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hello everybody)
    I work as a confidant and I urgently need clothes for the church, who can help in this matter, I will be very grateful

thx in advance

I salute all who are reading this. I recently struggled with the problem that I lacked beautiful clothes for my church services. And I needed beautiful, handmade clothing. So I started looking online for something that would work for me, and I came across vestment. I ordered from this site https://www.wattsandco.com/collections/vestments They have a lot of good options to order. I ordered several costumes for myself and my co-workers. I recommend them to you.

Thread Information