ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Guess I can put mine too

Its rare to have a picture of me.. I am behind the camera more than in front of it lol. But this was a few weeks ago. Me and a couple members of my menagerie.

Amber
    cam: Sony a100 DSLR
    Please do not edit my images.. thanks

Re: Guess I can put mine too

Nice to see you! I have cockateils also! What great watch dogs they make! Mine have figured out how to get the dog going - or he's figured out what their 'alarm' sounds like! So, what do you have besides fish and birds?

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Nice to meet you Amber! Wow, that's two new faces in as many days.

It is an unwritten rule here at PR that our lovely female members can post as many self portraits as they want to. So both you and Amanda feel free to chime in with selfs whenever you feel the need

Welcome!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Amanda yes the tiels are such characters The Lutino is our female and her name is Duckie and I hand raised her myself. Shes a sweetheart. The other we got when he was already 2 yrs old (which they are both two yrs old right now) and he will bite once in a while, but namely my husband lol.

We also have a sibe husky and a guinea pig

Walter.. lol your too funny Well there probably wont be many portraits of me because like I said, I am usually the one behind the camera lol So this is a rare occasion

Amber
    Amber

I, like Amber, am usually the photographer rather than the photographee. However if there are any post worthy photos of myself I'll be sure to post them! LOL

Amber - I have 3 tiels but I don't let them out much because of the picture window and the 10 cats we have. Only a few come in - but I don't want to take any chances!! I'm sure the dog (yorkie mix) would have a hayday chasing them also.

Always nice to put a face to the handle. Great to have you aboard and posting. Keep up the post here and over on N&W.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Amanda,
    Mine dont come out much either because of my dog. She knows better than to try anything while I am there, but she is right in their faces and makes them nervous. If given the chance.. my Tasha would eat them, then follow up with the guinea pig for desert lol. We bought tables to keep their cages up on to prevent the dog from getting them.
    Tasha has snatched birds flying by straight out of the air and tried to swollow them whole. The only time she managed was when my grandmother was there with her and I was in the hospital having my second child lol. I warned my grandmother and mother not to take anything from her mouth. Shes pretty good, but I didn't want to risk it since I was not going to be there and she can be a tad (understatment) territorial.

Here is a shot of Tasha after jumping in the pool with my husband, his brothers and our daughter lol
    Amber

Thanks Amber, I enjoy seeing everyones picture. Like you there are not to many photos of me. Nice smile.

Thanks Greg

Amber
    Amber

Thread Information