ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Greg McCary in serious accident

Was watching for this report.

Happy that all went well and, please, just take it easy for a while.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

That's great to hear, Greg.
    Had fingers crossed for you and now wish you a speedy recovery.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Greg, I am new to this site and have not had the pleasure to interact with you (and most other regular contributors here) a lot yet, but i truly hope you get better very soon and dont have to deal with hospitals for a long time. You never want to hear about something like this happening to anybody let alone to a member of the community who is as well respected and appreciated as you.
    You will be in our prayers.
    Iggy
    Canon XSi, Canon 18-55mm IS, Canon 50mm f1.8, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

Great news! Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures soon, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Surgery went very well. I am tired and sore but fine. Thanks all.
    AWESOME! I'm so happy to hear that - as we all are..........looking forward to more pics from your new camera, Greg!

Liz

Glad to hear everything went well. now get better and back to shooting!
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

drg

Get well quick. The spring sights are waiting for you to make photographs!
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

As you all know Greg's surgery was a complete success! We are very thankful and relieved. (Posting on PR was one of Greg's first requests post surgery but I didn't have his laptop w me at the time.) Yet again, Greg and I thank you for all your kind words and support. You are a remarkable group that touch others with your thougtfulness as much as you do with your inspiring photographs. Peace to all.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by KyRain
    As you all know Greg's surgery was a complete success! We are very thankful and relieved. (Posting on PR was one of Greg's first requests post surgery but I didn't have his laptop w me at the time.) Yet again, Greg and I thank you for all your kind words and support. You are a remarkable group that touch others with your thougtfulness as much as you do with your inspiring photographs. Peace to all.
    Hi Nora!

It's so good to see you around PR again! And with such good news too! We are all happy for Greg, and for you. I thought (and hoped) you would post something. Thank you and God bless you - and Peace to you too.

BTW, we're still looking forward to some photos from you one of these days. :thumbsup:

Liz

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Good to hear from you again, Nora.
    So glad the surgery went well, hope Greg's recovery is as good as last time.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Surgery went very well. I am tired and sore but fine. Thanks all.
    Get well soon!

Looking forward to more photos from you!

Thanks again all. I am home today with orders to take it easy a couple of weeks. It sure is nice to be able to fully breath again.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Thanks again all. I am home today with orders to take it easy a couple of weeks. It sure is nice to be able to fully breath again.
    :23:

Congratulations Greg! Another milestone. Wow! You have a lot of strength and courage to get through all of this - along with some wonderful physicians, nurses, therapists, and all your friends and supporters.

That's what it's all about. Spring has arrived!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by KyRain
    ... Peace to all.

Prayers answered! Thanks be to the God of Creation!!

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Hi Nora!

It's so good to see you around PR again! And with such good news too! We are all happy for Greg, and for you. I thought (and hoped) you would post something. Thank you and God bless you - and Peace to you too.

BTW, we're still looking forward to some photos from you one of these days. :thumbsup:

Liz
    Thank you LIz, it was just over a year ago that you, Aaron, Paula, Frog, Paul, PJ, OT, Peter, Dray and soooo many others held my hand through the fears and trials of Greg's injuries. I will never forget it! Btw, Greg bought me an Olympus E-510 for Christmas so I plan to get a few lessons during his recovery period. I will be posting hopefully before long. I have much to learn!
    God bless, NJ

This is great news. I'm really happy about your recovery, Greg. you're such an important member of this community and your photography is an inspiration to me (seriously). I hope you have a long future with your camera and with this community. I want to keep enjoying new work from you for many more years
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

drg

Home is good, breathing is very good!

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. We are all looking forward to you returning in full force with many, many, more photographs to share, inspire, and entertain!
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

Thanks PJ, the feelings are mutual and thanks as well drg.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    This is great news. I'm really happy about your recovery, Greg. you're such an important member of this community and your photography is an inspiration to me (seriously). I hope you have a long future with your camera and with this community. I want to keep enjoying new work from you for many more years
    Today is a day of celebration! We are officially unsticking this thread! The above post written by John after Greg's last surgery says it all!

All of us here at PR are so happy that Greg has come through this incredible challenging time after his accident and is back with us as our good friend, member of our wonderful photography community, and Moderator!

We love you Greg and are so grateful to have you back with us - moving right along - once again. :thumbsup:

Congratulations! :23:

Just being at home again can make a great difference to a speedy recovery. Take it easy and get yourself in shape to have a great picture taking summer.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I ask Liz to unstick this thread. I think this last surgery fixed me as good as I am going to get. I think with some hard work I will be
    100% soon. Though I still have quite a bit of pain in my left hip and leg. My left foot is totally numb and have good days and bad. Some days I have all kinds of energy and some days I want to stay in bed all day.
    But I would like to share one last thing. "Before" I fell Nora and I were just days from a divorce. We had been going through some really rough waters for quite awhile. But some where deep down inside of me I felt that I still loved her and that I might be making a mistake and I was to proud or stupid to realize it. Then..... I fell.
    In one fast thud my life took a turn. I am not even going to attempt
    to tell you all that I went through while I was unconscious. But it was bad, real bad.
    But I feel like God saved me because I had unfinished business here on Earth. The love for my wife and daughter pulled me through. I still loved my wife and I wanted to be with her. I missed her and my daughter.
    So when I woke up I decided that I was going to make right a huge mistake. I was going to try and make up with Nora and make it work. I realized that if there was still love in my heart for Nora there was hope. So Nora and I tried again.
    We have been doing very good. We have hit a couple of bumps in the road here and there but the love we have for each other in our hearts has only grown over the last few months. We have been on one heck of a second honeymoon. I joke with Nora that God slung me off of that bridge and the old Greg has died and isn't coming back. That fall changed my life for the better and forever and for all of the pain I go through now I wouldn't go back and be the old Greg. Not that I was a bad person. Just that I had a lot of areas for improvement.
    In other words that fall wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to me it was the best thing that ever happened to me. If I could go back to that bridge and was given a choice of falling or going back to the old Greg I would choose to fall again. "You read that right." That fall saved my marriage.
    In the blink of an eye your life can take a turn. One slip, one turn, one fall and everything changes. My favorite show is " I Survived ". I can relate to the people on that show.
    Yes Larry, I am home again. Where I belong. With my beautiful wife and daughter.
    Thanks again for all of the support. You will never know what it feels like to be flat on your back to weak to even dial a phone and have so many praying for you. It means a lot. I love you all.

Sony a99/a7R

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

During your convalescence and Nora's postings to keep us up to date, it was obvious that she loved you and I hoped,(prayed), that if anything good could come of this disaster that it would be the saving of your marriage...for both your sakes.
    Thanks for the story Greg. It helps me in ways no one will ever know.

John
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

So glad to see you're doing so well Greg. And whatever you do, don't forget that love and don't neglect it again. God often has a way of making things work out in ways we may never want to experience, but boy can it wake you up and change your life for the better.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread Information