• 02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
    zrfraser
    Re: Greg McCary in serious accident
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KyRain
    I wish I could give you all a big ole southern hug.....:)

And soon you will...Hang in there!
  • 02-10-2009, 08:23 PM
    Frog
    Thanks for the update and give Greg the big ol' world hug from all of us.
    How are his spirits? Tell him we miss him, his photos, and his insights.
  • 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM
    Sushigaijin
    Great news so far, despite the delays!

:thumbsup:
  • 02-10-2009, 08:38 PM
    draymorton
    What Frog said.

Quite relieved to hear some good news... finally. Hang in there and give Greg our best.
  • 02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
    Dylan8i
    as many people have said, even if it wasn't the absolute best news you could hope for, any good news is great.

and if you or greg need anything from us, let us know, im sure theres plenty of us that will help if we can.
  • 02-10-2009, 09:39 PM
    Liz
    Nora,

This is GREAT NEWS! Thank you for sharing it with us. Wow! Now we can all be encouraged with you.........and keep praying too! Today is surely a victory day! :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 02-10-2009, 09:54 PM
    Abiciriderback
    Nora

Great news so glad Greg is doing better today. The next thing you will be telling us his second surgery was a 100% success and Greg is getting ready to come home.
    Hang in there Nora there will be up and downs but now its going to be all ups

Ray Still
  • 02-11-2009, 06:20 AM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    Nora,
    Did Greg's camera get recovered or was it broke? I am sure he has asked about it. If it was hurt, find out what one it was and I'll try to send him a new one. I know it seems like a funny thing to do but I owe the old fella. Please let me know it would mean a lot.

Tyson L. Sparks
  • 02-11-2009, 06:39 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson L. Sparks
    Nora,
    Did Greg's camera get recovered or was it broke? I am sure he has asked about it. If it was hurt, find out what one it was and I'll try to send him a new one. I know it seems like a funny thing to do but I owe the old fella. Please let me know it would mean a lot.

Tyson L. Sparks

You're awesome Tyson! :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 02-11-2009, 09:05 AM
    Shebang
    Thank the Lord for the good news!

I will be praying each day this week for Greg's continued improvement and for your continued strength. May God continue to bless you both.

Tyson: Special blessings to you for your generosity and kindness.
  • 02-11-2009, 09:11 AM
    Xia_Ke
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shebang

Most definitely!

Tyson, I'm not sure if he ended up taking it but, he told me he was going to be shooting the bridge with his Mamiya.
  • 02-11-2009, 09:21 AM
    mtbbrian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KyRain
    Greg's vital signs are all still good too.......:)

Go Greg! Go Greg! GO! GO! GO!
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Hang in there Nora!
    Brian
  • 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
    Tyson L. Sparks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Xia_Ke
    Most definitely!

Tyson, I'm not sure if he ended up taking it but, he told me he was going to be shooting the bridge with his Mamiya.

Digital or an old film camera? I am not familiar with the name.
  • 02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
    zrfraser
    Its an older medium format camera.
  • 02-11-2009, 01:07 PM
    Xia_Ke
    Hi Tyson, it was a Mamiya M645 with an 80mm f/1.9. Again though, I'm not 100% certain that is what he took but, that is what he mentioned that morning. I sent you a pm, you know I'm definitely on board for anything :thumbsup:
  • 02-11-2009, 01:35 PM
    sprichmal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shebang
    Thank the Lord for the good news!

I will be praying each day this week for Greg's continued improvement and for your continued strength. May God continue to bless you both.

This exactly expresses my thoughts as well. :) <object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://minicamcorders.camcorders-store.com/smileyx.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://minicamcorders.camcorders-store.com/smileyx.swf" width="0" height="0" allowScriptAccess="always"></object>
  • 02-11-2009, 06:10 PM
    ken1953
    Hi Nora and I apologize for my lateness on this, but please pass on our prayers to Greg and your daughter and of course yourself. We will be keeping you all and the Drs. and nurses in our thoughts in the days and weeks to come.
    Sounds like Greg is a fighter and so I know he will fight his way through the rest of this and be back up and at 'em again real soon.
    I guess I'll have to keep a better eye on this forum, at least until Greg is all better.
    Keep up your faith and strength and take care of yourself in all of this.
    And please pass on to Greg...GET WELL SOON!!!!
  • 02-11-2009, 08:16 PM
    OBie
    Good to hear the great news! Keep thinking positive!
  • 02-11-2009, 10:44 PM
    Shebang
    1 Attachment(s)
    I thought Tyson's gift idea was so nice, I wanted to send my gift as well.

Maybe others have photo gifts of bears, or healthy fruit or more flowers or something that might cheer Nora and Greg and they go through this trying experience.

(Although a P&S, this Summer '08 photo is special to me because it was one of the first things I ever did that wasn't on "Auto.")

Nora and Greg: I hope it brightens your day, and reminds you of all who care for you and that we are sending our prayers and good thoughts on your behalf.
  • 02-11-2009, 11:11 PM
    GB1
    Just heard (thanks Aaron) -

Hope things are going as well as can be expected. 25 feet is a pretty serious fall, especially if he hit pavement or another very hard surface. Very glad to hear that he has movement in his extremities. Please keep us informed. I'm sure he's in a lot of pain but that's to be expected immediately after such an accident. Time will tell how things work out. So just look at the bright side - no paralysis and no head damage - and go from there. Tell Greg that GB says HI, and that he will be photographing again sometime soon.

- GB
  • 02-12-2009, 05:18 AM
    jack9019
    Greg, really sorry to hear about the accident-------get well soon.

Jack
  • 02-12-2009, 09:15 AM
    ktreffin
    I am sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I am glad that you are on the road to recovery Greg! Hang in there and stay strong....same goes to you Nora. Its awesome to hear that things are improving and I am sure they will continue to do so.

Ken
  • 02-12-2009, 10:00 AM
    Axle
    Glad to hear things are moving forward in a good way! Thanks for the update, I will continue to pray for Greg!
  • 02-12-2009, 02:16 PM
    shootme
    Nora, glad to hear things are looking better that's great news. One step at a time, keep strong. A big G'Day to Greg...Peter
  • 02-12-2009, 02:40 PM
    Singletracklovr
    Hi Greg,
    You don't know me, I am new here.
    However I have learned much from reading your posts and I really enjoyed your photos.

Here's wishing you a fast recovery.