ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

The Great Ohio Blizzard????

stop (Medium)

parking (Medium)

cart (Medium)

sign (Medium)

stop2 (Medium)

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Re: The Great Ohio Blizzard????

That ain't no blizzard When the snow banks top the street signs and the shopping cart corals, then we'll talk...LOL j/k I trust you had some fun in the parking lot with your truck? Nothing like an empty parking lot with some fresh snow
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

yeah hahaha we get TONS here thats a dusting for us
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

Thats not a blizzard. When the Wal-Mart sign is under snow then you can call it a blizzard...trust someone from Ohio to call a nice snow a blizzard. Just Kidding. Although i do apreciate the Irony of the address of Wal-Mart...911. LOL. Some great shots though. Have any pictures of the fun you had in the parkinglot?
    Army

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

If its enought to keep a Walmart parking lot empty its a Blizzard!
    Excuse me now, I think the lawn almost needs mowing.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

The news blew our little snow fall way out of proportion. It wasn't that bad. Ohio never gets a hole lot of snow at once. This week it is going to get up into the 40's it will all melt. Like always.

How can I be lost

the news did lol i was watching on tv and it doesnt even look that bad lol but then again it is if your not used to snow
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

This week in Ottawa (nation's capital of Canada for those of you who don't know) we had 30cm fall on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and then got hit Friday aft-Sunday early morning with another 52...yes, 52cm of snow!

I shovelled between Saturday morning when I got up and Sunday by noon, a calculated total of 7.25hours lol. And my driveway is only 60ft from top to bottom! /pulling hair

I'll post a couple of pictures when I load them to my computer.

Fally
    Fally
    aka Scott
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nikon D80
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED AFS DX VR
    SB800 Speedflash
    And growing...

Scott, love to see your images when you get them downloaded :thumbsup: . We saw some of the pictures of Ottawa, Toronto and Southern Ontario and Quebec on CTV and CBC and WOW, I can't ever remember seeing that much snow in one place that wasn't surrounded by very high mountains. I sit here in the southwestern prairies, east of the high mountains, and our winter is just the opposite - the most snow we had in any one storm was probably 15 cm or less and with the temperatures around 10 to 12 ° C for the past few days, it is all melting like crazy, BUT for us there is still April and May. Best of Luck in getting out from under (literally) all of this.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

That's almost shorts and tshirt weather.

We've had about 94 inches this season. SOOO ready for spring.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Ok public school education save me .... how much in inches is a cm? IF i remember correctly its 2.5 cm to 1 in. or am i totaly off base. My mom in Detroit got pounded with about 8 inches in one day a week or two back. In this part of Colorado I get a light dusting and everyone forgets how to drive. Its nice though if I want winter I go into the mountains about 10 miles away and if want spring I stay where i am.
    Army

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Hey, Tyson, we got hit pretty hard in the Columbus area.

Starting Friday afternoon and ending Saturday early evening, we got 20.5" of snow. It set a record for us. They tried to keep the mail jeeps running on Saturday. I pushed the same nice USPS employee out of the snow twice. And both times, I had my camera next to me and every photo nerve in my body wanted to photograph her stuck in the snow (you know, "neither snow, nor sleet, nor rain...." well maybe snow ) but I had to do my civic duty.

I made it to the park despite Level 3 snow emergency. The park ranger was nice enough and I had the whole park almost to myself.

Here's a shot from my neighborhood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Great Ohio Blizzard????-march-project-6.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Talking Re: The Great Ohio Blizzard????

armywife, you are spot on :thumbsup: , 2.5 cm is a close 1 inch, giving about 30 cm to a foot. We here in the Great White North have been metric for so long that I have forgotten (well not really as I was raised in British system) most of the old system as we refer to it here. My children and grandchildren (there I gave it away, my age, that is :blush2: ) were all educated in metric and while my children had a bit of the British system in their early school years and might remember a bit of it, my grandchildren will know nothing of it. All our road signs are metric, including speed limits, as are all our weights and measures (e.g., prescriptions) although a lot of things in grocery stores are still sold with both pounds and kilograms on the package, but most other things - metric. I have learned to think in metric because that is all you ever get on TV, newspapers and in the stores anymore -- today's high was 10 °C and winds were light at about 10 km/hour -- you get the picture. The worst part is that while I still remember a few of the conversion factors, I am quickly losing those too. HTH

Cheers,

WesternGuy

P.S. I may have made the conversion easier than some, because when you take science (physics/chemistry) in High School and University here, it is all metric (millilitres, metres, joules, etc) and has been, probably, since the early fifities or earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupey
    Hey, Tyson, we got hit pretty hard in the Columbus area.

Starting Friday afternoon and ending Saturday early evening, we got 20.5" of snow. It set a record for us. They tried to keep the mail jeeps running on Saturday. I pushed the same nice USPS employee out of the snow twice. And both times, I had my camera next to me and every photo nerve in my body wanted to photograph her stuck in the snow (you know, "neither snow, nor sleet, nor rain...." well maybe snow ) but I had to do my civic duty.

I made it to the park despite Level 3 snow emergency. The park ranger was nice enough and I had the whole park almost to myself.

Here's a shot from my neighborhood.
    Now that is snow guys, not the stuff we got up here in Licking County.

How can I be lost

Yeah, Columbus got hit pretty hard. We were there last weekend, glad we didn't go a week later. We were actually driving through this storm Friday night on our way to Fort Campbell. We were supposed to arrive by midnight but didn't get to out hotel until 6am. We at least made it, many people that passed us we ended up seeing in the ditch further down the road... The last 1 hour of driving turned into 5+. It was not fun.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information