Graduation Photos

Printable View

• 06-08-2005, 07:34 AM
    Gerry Widen
    2 Attachment(s)
    Graduation Photos
    I have 4our kids and 3hree of them are graduating this year. The 2wo I posted are of my older daughters Robyn, (with cap) from regular college and Lisa from law school. My 14 year old son will be graduating from middle school in 2wo weeks. Nothing fancy or professional photowise, no flash or reflectors but I like the look that my almost 60 year old lens gives especially to the background. These were scanned from negitives and I will wet print them this weekend.
  • 06-08-2005, 08:06 AM
    another view
    Re: Graduation Photos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerry Widen
    I like the look that my almost 60 year old lens gives especially to the background.

Nothing quite like that, is there! The Nikon 85 f1.4 is pretty good, but not the same. Regardless of the flash, reflectors, etc they're really nice shots - with a different feel. There is more of a connection between the subject and camera than a lot of graduation photos I see.
  • 06-08-2005, 08:14 AM
    jar_e
    Great graduation photos. Seem very original and not cliche at all! Well done,

Jared
  • 06-08-2005, 08:23 AM
    Old Timer
    Grads Gerry, very special time for you and your family. Great feel to b&w images like this just can't be replicated with digital.
  • 06-08-2005, 09:01 AM
    Axle
    Love the shots, nicely done there! Nothing beats the old tech and yes, b/w on film is a whole different feel than b/w on digital.