ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Got Shades!!

Got Shades!!

May be pushing the season a bit but it occurred to me while shooting a baseball game that it's getting to be sun glasses season again. Some shades can be very interesting themselves and the people that wear them can be great subjects. Why don't you show me your shades shots. Dig in the archives or head out to a sunny park, but let's see some shades. Here are a few from the ball game I spoke of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Shades!!-dsc_2668-2-2.jpg   Got Shades!!-dsc_2655-2-640.jpg   Got Shades!!-dsc_2653-2-640.jpg   Got Shades!!-dsc_2641-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Got Shades!!

This could be an interesting thread but I haven't seen many sunglasses yet, even though the Seattle area is supposed to have a higher percentage of sunglass users than any place else.
    Strange maybe but I tend to wear my sunglasses on bright cloudy days more than sunny ones. I guess its the contrast.
    Nice shots, OT.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Nice shades images Larry. Nice lighting in the first one. Like the second girls expression. Glad to see you are having fun with the 300mm. You can catch me with my shades on most of the time. Even in the office.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Talking Re: Got Shades!!

I couldn't help but notice something about this series Larry..
    They're all young ladies....:thumbsup: :devil: :ihih:

Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety... - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Ok.. Here's one from the archives.. Joshua Tree NP, January 2006, Agfa Ultra Color 100 film.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great idea for a thread. Here's a few of mine... and I suppose my avatar counts as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Shades!!-img_3282.jpg   Got Shades!!-img_3226.jpg   Got Shades!!-img_3350.jpg  
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

The race in Vegas had lot's of sun and the shades were on! Nascar officials get 2 pairs of oakleys every year. Not sure what the others are wearing!
    Jimmy B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Shades!!-jdb_7091_1.jpg   Got Shades!!-jdb_7029_1.jpg   Got Shades!!-jdb_7246_1.jpg   Got Shades!!-jdb_7057_1.jpg   Got Shades!!-jdb_7086_1_1.jpg  

Alright guys your getting right into it. This is what I was hoping would happen. Now if the rest of you guy would get out there and grab a few shades shots this could get to be a really good thread. I got a few more this afternoon just have to get them processed.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Alright guys your getting right into it. This is what I was hoping would happen. Now if the rest of you guy would get out there and grab a few shades shots this could get to be a really good thread. I got a few more this afternoon just have to get them processed.
    You'll have to wait a while for the UK shades - looks like rain again this weekend.:mad2:

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Leather 2 (Medium)

leather 4 (Medium)

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Tyson those shots are great.
    Chris Johnson
    Nikon Samurai # 30 chrisjohnsonpic.com
    Nikon D2Xs, Nikon D50, SB-800, AF Nikkor 80-200 D ED f2.8, AF Nikkor 50 D f1.8, AF Nikkor 18-55 G ED f5.6

Having some fun one day....Great Thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I love them Tyson!! Way to get into the spirit of the thread. No telling what path this will lead us down. All the more fun.

Nikon Samurai #13

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    it occurred to me...that it's getting to be sun glasses season again...
    LOL! Funny, I never considered that sunglasses had a "season". Guess that's because I've been wearing them year-round for about the last 30 years or so...

In fact, now that I think about it, that's one thing I found odd about my fall trips to Chicago. I seemed to be the only one wearing shades.

Maybe some of you non-Floridians could help explain this. I mean, the brightness of the sun has nothing to do with the air temperature. I wear sunglasses because my eyes are sensitive to bright light (no, I'm not a mogwai, heh heh). And it's certainly bright most places year-round, even when it's cold.

In any event, this should be a fun thread...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    I couldn't help but notice something about this series Larry..
    They're all young ladies....:thumbsup: :devil: :ihih:

Brian
    Yep your right Brian and I've got plenty more young ladies waiting in line to get their photos on the best site on the web. But just to show you that I'm an equal opportunity candid photo voyeur here are a couple of shaded up mom's from the game yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Shades!!-dsc_2773-2-640.jpg   Got Shades!!-dsc_2828-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

A couple of mine from last weekend. The second has some color cast from shooting at sunset on the patio of a yellow building -- yikes, for 5-10 minutes everything was crazy yellow orange. ;)

mbb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Shades!!-partysunglasses.jpg   Got Shades!!-sunglasses2.jpg   Got Shades!!-sunglassesnbubbles.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Steve
    LOL! Funny, I never considered that sunglasses had a "season". Guess that's because I've been wearing them year-round for about the last 30 years or so...

OK I admit I may have misspoke. But I was just struck by large number of people at the game the other day sporting shades. It seems that the in thing with the young gals is how big a pair shades will my face tolerate. This little ladies nose just wasn't big enough to support those glasses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Shades!!-dsc_2956-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

A couple more from the weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got Shades!!-dsc_3000-2-640.jpg   Got Shades!!-dsc_2975-2-640.jpg   Got Shades!!-dsc_2945-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Poor little thing!.
    Last edited by Asmarlak; 06-04-2009 at 07:30 AM.

Thread Information