Got a new camera....

Printable View

• 09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
    zrfraser
    Got a new camera....
    phone. I just ended my contract with Cingular and went with Verizon, and with my two year contract I got good deal on a phone. Its a Samsung a930, and its not that bad. Its got an MP3 player, streaming video and audio, bluetooth, yada yada yada, And its got a 1.3 mp camera w/flash. Ok so the flash is no SB-800, and the camera in now way is a D2Xs, but you can't call people on a D2Xs. The funniest thing about the camera is you can select a metering mode. This is new to me for a camera phone (I've had 2). It has Average, Center, and Spot. Other features are self-timer, multishot (1.5fps for 5 shots normal resolution, 3 shots for fine resolution), numerous WB options and even a manual WB which is new for me. Also, has a myriad of other color effects, and a camcorder that will shoot 15fps.

Phones have come such a long way as well as digital cameras. Not to mention they are much cheaper now than they were 7 years ago (when I got my first cell phone). My first digital camera was an Olympus 1.3 mp and I don't think it had all the features of my phone. I also got a 256 MB micro SD card since this phone has removable storage which is something else that is new for me. I didn't really want this to trun into a review, but alas it did.

To sum it up-I got the equivalent of a digital Holga with flash.

Z
  • 09-17-2006, 09:02 PM
    natatbeach
    Re: Got a new camera....
    where's the pictures????:D
  • 09-17-2006, 09:20 PM
    zrfraser
    Re: Got a new camera....
    Still trying to figure it out (instuction book is 178 pages) and need to get a card reader. I'll try to get some up in the next couple of days.

Z