. . . got Milk ?

Printable View

• 02-26-2009, 09:41 AM
    Rivman
    1 Attachment(s)
    . . . got Milk ?
    . . . do you remember when ?
    If you remember when these went door-to-door, then your probably as old as I am ! :D
  • 02-26-2009, 02:08 PM
    WesternGuy
    Re: . . . got Milk ?
    Hey Rivman, I remember horse-drawn ice wagons...so how old does that make me??

Cheers,

WesternGuy
  • 02-26-2009, 05:11 PM
    jetrim
    Wow, 44 doesn't *seem* old but in my town growing up, Rosenberger's Dairy drove trucks like that up until the mid '70s
  • 02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
    opus
    okay, two weeks ago I just got a flyer in the mail for a milkman that delivers milk to your house in glass bottles. At 4 am the next morning I was awakened by the sound of a truck outside and looked out the window, and there was the milkman, delivering milk to the neighbor's house.

The truck didn't look like that, but yes, I remember that night two weeks ago!!

www.lwdairy.com
  • 02-27-2009, 01:44 PM
    Old Timer
    There were a few around when I was growing up for sure. I believe it was Cloverleaf here not Borden's.
  • 02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
    Lori11
    I grew up in Wisconsin and we had Golden Guernsey Dairy, I wish I could still get milk like that, it was SO SO cold! The cow in the pictures was named Daisy LOL
  • 02-27-2009, 04:52 PM
    OldClicker
    Trucks, nothing - I remember cows. Warm milk straight from the barn with the cream still in it. Awful stuff. - TF
  • 02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
    dl4449
    I also remember riding with my dad when he was delivering ice door to door
    Troy
  • 02-28-2009, 03:44 PM
    Rivman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldClicker
    Trucks, nothing - I remember cows. Warm milk straight from the barn with the cream still in it. Awful stuff. - TF

Nothing worse than warm milk straight from the cow, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh ! :eek:
    . . . all those barn cats seemed to like it though ! :D