Got Hitched!

Printable View

• 07-05-2011, 10:18 AM
    Photo-John
    5 Attachment(s)
    Got Hitched!
    Got married to my true love this weekend. I won't go into too many details, I'll just let the pictures tell the story. This first batch is from our pre-wedding ride, the day before the wedding :)
  • 07-05-2011, 10:41 AM
    Photo-John
    4 Attachment(s)
    The Wedding
    Here are a few from the wedding, including one of David Terry, our photographer extraordinaire, at work. There's also one of me and Jenni that I took during the ceremony. It seemed appropriate for me to do a self-portrait during the ceremony so we worked it in. You can see David's camera in the background, taking a picture of me taking a picture :)

We rode the gondola to the wedding site. When were planning the wedding we pictured meadows of wildflowers for post-wedding photos. But there was so much snow this year that everything is covered. No complaints, though. Rolling with and appreciating what Mother Nature serves up is part of life. Plus, snow is a big part of Jenni's and my life together.

The photo with all the flowers in the background is on the way down - officially husband and wife!
  • 07-05-2011, 11:04 AM
    Photo-John
    4 Attachment(s)
    The Day After
    We had a small ceremony and then a huge party, later in the evening. It's out of character, but I didn't take one photo of the party. You'll have to look at David Terry's photos to see the party. It was great - redneck country rock band, hot dogs, a taco cart and a crazy mix of people who all had fun.

The photos below are from the day after, up Little Cottonwood Canyon, above Salt Lake City. Jenni and I spent the night at Alta Lodge. The next day we had brunch at the lodge and then met some friends for a hike. Like New Year's Day, we thought it was important to spend our first official day together doing something special in the mountains. It's symbolic of our time together so far, and into the future.
  • 07-05-2011, 11:07 AM
    CaraRose
    Re: Got Hitched!
    Congratulations, PJ!
  • 07-05-2011, 11:18 AM
    Photo-John
    Thanks, Cara!
  • 07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
    Photo-John
    3 Attachment(s)
    I'm A Lucky Man
    I feel like the luckiest man on the planet. Look at my beautiful *wife* on the morning after our wedding! By the way, that photo was taken with the new Olympus E-P3 Pen camera and 12mm f/2.0 prime lens - a wonderful walkaround prime lens setup.

I also want to acknowledge my best man, Josh. We've known each other since we both got sent away to "wilderness school" in Montana in the eighties. Then we went to college together. It's amazing to think about what we've done and survived together and there's no one else I would have wanted as a best man this weekend :)
  • 07-05-2011, 12:17 PM
    starriderrick
    Congratulations John,Jenni Great shots...Thanks for sharing this very special day. :O) Wow, great party PJ.

Rick
  • 07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
    pweb
    Many congrats, John & Jenni!
  • 07-05-2011, 12:42 PM
    armando_m
    Congrats !!!!!!!!!!
  • 07-05-2011, 12:50 PM
    jorgemonkey
    Congrats! I've enjoyed seeing the pics on FB the past day or so
  • 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgemonkey View Post
    Congrats! I've enjoyed seeing the pics on FB the past day or so

I'm sorry. You're probably far past "someone else's wedding photos" overload :D
  • 07-05-2011, 01:34 PM
    ken1953
    Awesome pics, PJ and again congrats to you and Jenni...Like Jorge, I've been following on FB also!!! Wish I could have been there for the Party...sounds like great fun was had by all!!!
  • 07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
    draymorton
    Congrats! Love the shots. Wishing you two the best!
  • 07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
    SmartWombat
    Hah, no such thing John.
    Some fantastic photos and two of our favourite people - what's not to like?
  • 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
    Greg McCary
    Congrats John. I hope you have an awesome honeymoon.
  • 07-05-2011, 04:43 PM
    dana m.
    Well I for one enjoyed ALL the pics on Facebook and it was in no way an overload. Congrats you two...many years of happiness is ahead of you.
  • 07-05-2011, 04:52 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dana m. View Post
    Well I for one enjoyed ALL the pics on Facebook and it was in no way an overload.

That's good. Because it's not going to stop for a while. And the honeymoon trip starts this weekend :D
  • 07-05-2011, 05:51 PM
    GB1
    Congrats John, pictures look great, hope you two have a great time for the next _ weeks!!!

GB
  • 07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
    AgingEyes
    Huge congrats John !! One lucky fellow you are !!

Looking forward to your review of the new Oly pen :p
  • 07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
    Liz
    Congratulations John and Jenni! Beautiful photos. I really enjoyed viewing them - and went back to enjoy them again. :thumbsup:

John - I agree, you do have a beautiful wife! And she has a very handsome husband! Sounds good........husband and wife. :23:

Liz
  • 07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
    pafindr
    Congratz you two :thumbsup:
  • 07-05-2011, 07:32 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Sounds good........husband and wife.

Mr. and Mrs. Shafer - Photo-John and Photo-Jennic :D
  • 07-05-2011, 07:51 PM
    Anbesol
    Awesome shots, congrats you two! Beautiful bride with a great taste in socks.
  • 07-05-2011, 08:19 PM
    Jimmy B
    A Big Congrats Jenni and John!
    I do have to ask?? What's the story about Jenni's socks?
    Jimmy B
  • 07-05-2011, 08:37 PM
    patia
    Yay, congrats! Great photos and totally appropriate self-portrait/camera shots!