• 07-14-2008, 06:22 PM
    Liz
    Got any funny or weird pics?
    We all have those times when the images we get don't quite meet our expectations. Sometimes I'm surprised at how funny and even weird some photos actually look when I see the results. This is one example of one I got today.

Please post some of yours........

This evening I was trying to get Molly to look at me so I could see if I could get a picture without red eye for a change. She was ignoring my efforts - so I finally yelled "MOLLEEEE" - and this is what I got. It sure did give me a good laugh. I have no clue what those "fangs" are! She looks like she is saying "I just had a dream that I was a vampire!"

Liz

http://mariaimage.smugmug.com/photos...85_yQg4i-M.jpg
  • 07-14-2008, 07:17 PM
    jgredline
    Re: Got any funny or weird pics?
    Oh my goodness, what a funny cat pic...:D
  • 07-14-2008, 08:07 PM
    fx101
    HAHAHA:D oh wow that is funny.
  • 07-14-2008, 08:48 PM
    JETA
    LOL Liz! This is GREAT!
  • 07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
    Jimmy B
    2 Attachment(s)
    How about some raccoon white eye:p
  • 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM
    barb_48
    Cute cate Liz, are those fangs sharp?
  • 07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by barb_48
    Cute cate Liz, are those fangs sharp?

Thanks, Barb.....actually she doesn't have "fangs" but she does have 2 dark areas inside her mouth by her gums......you can't see them unless you look into her mouth closely. She had her mouth open and was in the process of closing it. As I called her name, she was startled because she was in the midst of smelling something - and I caught her just as she was raising her head with her ears back. I was surprised to see the photo.

Liz
  • 07-17-2008, 06:18 PM
    adrock2001
    That's not a pet raccoon is it?! That would ROCK!!
  • 07-23-2008, 06:42 AM
    Lori11
    Liz that is totally hysterical! I love it, it looks like you scard the stuffing out of her :lol:
  • 07-23-2008, 07:06 AM
    Alison
  • 07-23-2008, 07:07 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori11
    Liz that is totally hysterical! I love it, it looks like you scard the stuffing out of her :lol:

Yes, she looks quite scared! I really didn't call her name that loud - I just dragged her name out for a while. I think she was more annoyed than scared since she was in the process of discovering a new smell and didn't want to look at the camera (she hates being photographed). Cats open their mouths when they want to smell something more intensely.

Thanks for the comments.......

Here is what she looks like in real life......this is one of her favorite places to hang out.....untill she sees the camera coming out - the reason for the "can't I have any peace around here?" look on her face!

Liz

http://mariaimage.smugmug.com/photos...26_4X9NV-M.jpg
  • 07-23-2008, 07:36 AM
    Lori11
    3 Attachment(s)
    Trust me, I am aware of the "Look of Annoyance" :lol: First one was taken with my old Kodak last year, Zeke was not thrilled( about 2 monts old there), he wanted to watch the computer, not look at me AGAIN lol and Nero( 8 months) and Groucho (4 months in the dog bed)) now know the drill.....my brother blames the cateracts my dog Lucky (he is now 12) has on the constant flashes as a puppy :lol:
  • 07-23-2008, 10:20 AM
    JETA
    Liz, the pic of her in the blue box is even funnier!!
  • 07-23-2008, 11:32 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Trust me, I am aware of the "Look of Annoyance" :lol: First one was taken with my old Kodak last year, Zeke was not thrilled( about 2 monts old there), he wanted to watch the computer, not look at me AGAIN lol and Nero( 8 months) and Groucho (4 months in the dog bed)) now know the drill.....my brother blames the cateracts my dog Lucky (he is now 12) has on the constant flashes as a puppy :lol:

Lori - I love your photos! Zeke is soooooo sweet! I love kittens! Thanks for adding your shots to the thread! Perfect!

Liz
  • 07-23-2008, 11:35 AM
    Liz
    Alison - this is so funny! I've seen these kinds of photos before and always enjoy them. It's more fun viewing a shot like this done by someone you "know." Is this a copy/paste? Or how did you do it?

Thanks for sharing it - your daughter looks beautiful btw! (the one I can see). :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 07-23-2008, 11:42 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JETA
    Liz, the pic of her in the blue box is even funnier!!

Thanks Jeta.......

BTW, you must have some "funny" shots to add here - with all the activity you have with your gang! Actually I've seen some interesting/funny photos around here of your talented children. :cool:

You know, I was thinking it would be so much fun to have a gathering somewhere that it would be possible for many of us to travel just to meet up for a weekend or so. I would love to meet you and so many others here. We used to have gatherings more frequently - and people did travel a bit to get there. Of course, since gas prices have made us all a bit "financially handicapped" I don't know how feasible that would be at the moment.

I saw a cartoon yesterday with some type of friendly animal (dog/whatever) hugging and squeezing a computer with hearts all around. The caption read "I love this thing. My friends live in here." It made me smile.

Liz
  • 07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
    Alison
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    Alison - this is so funny! I've seen these kinds of photos before and always enjoy them. It's more fun viewing a shot like this done by someone you "know." Is this a copy/paste? Or how did you do it?

Thanks for sharing it - your daughter looks beautiful btw! (the one I can see). :thumbsup:

Liz

Thanks Liz.
    I wondered if anyone would ask me about it. Just a little bit of photoshop cloning went on.
    Here's the original.

http://alisongreenwoodphotography.co...inal_550_c.jpg

and the edited version, again, to save you scrolling.

http://alisongreenwoodphotography.co...5533_550_c.jpg
  • 07-23-2008, 01:12 PM
    Axle
  • 07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
    Liz
    Thanks Alison

Both shots are great! What a beautifully natural photo of your daughter! I like both photos.

Liz
  • 07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
    JETA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    Thanks Jeta.......

BTW, you must have some "funny" shots to add here - with all the activity you have with your gang! Actually I've seen some interesting/funny photos around here of your talented children. :cool:

You know, I was thinking it would be so much fun to have a gathering somewhere that it would be possible for many of us to travel just to meet up for a weekend or so. I would love to meet you and so many others here. We used to have gatherings more frequently - and people did travel a bit to get there. Of course, since gas prices have made us all a bit "financially handicapped" I don't know how feasible that would be at the moment.

I saw a cartoon yesterday with some type of friendly animal (dog/whatever) hugging and squeezing a computer with hearts all around. The caption read "I love this thing. My friends live in here." It made me smile.

Liz

I just took this shot and about fell over when I did because I found it so funny.
    http://JulieSaltvick.smugmug.com/pho...80_ojMxQ-M.jpg

It would be fun to have a gathering and you know I'd LOVE to meet you.

The cartoon you saw sums it up so well!
  • 07-23-2008, 09:20 PM
    JSPhoto
    Quote:

lol, yeah, Cassie and Gizmo, Hermie the cat all hide when they see me pick up the camera now :p and I think the puppies are learning to do the same :eek: and they are only 5 weeks old :confused:

BTW, an update on the puppies, they are doing great, eating regular puppy food now as well as still feeding from Cassie. Gizmo is now allowed to be with them and surprisingly he's been really great with his kids. The other night he was playing pillow for two of the pups and all six of them "jumped" him tonight...those little baby teeth are sharp! :cryin: and those little jaws are strong too! It's no wonder Cassie hates feeding time now :eek:
    Gizmo also will sit there with Cassie and lick the pups clean, that really surprised me. He's als protective of them and runs to any that start whinning to see whats wrong. The funniest thing though is watching him watch the pups as they feed, he just sits there watching till he falls asleep.
    When I get a chance I'll some photos of each of the puppies....they are cuties! :thumbsup:

JS
  • 07-24-2008, 04:06 AM
    skinnymachink
    1 Attachment(s)
    here is the perfect reason not to smoke i met this guy in north thailand nice guy not so nice teeth.
  • 07-24-2008, 08:30 AM
    Alison
    ewwwwwww lol
  • 07-24-2008, 08:51 AM
    JETA
  • 07-24-2008, 08:55 AM
    JETA
    How about me stuffing my son's bra? Now this was an unusual moment for me.

http://JulieSaltvick.smugmug.com/pho...59_3eSDq-M.jpg

Trying out his new hot pink lipstick in the boys locker room. :D

http://JulieSaltvick.smugmug.com/pho...87_Q8LaU-M.jpg
  • 07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
    Loupey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnymachink
    here is the perfect reason not to smoke i met this guy in north thailand nice guy not so nice teeth.

Perhaps he someday wants to look like the face on the pack :p

Did he know he had a leaf on his head?
  • 07-24-2008, 12:36 PM
    jgredline
    Here are a couple of my Daughter Elizabeth when she was 12 years old..

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5...rday102vo2.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9...rday108oc9.jpg
  • 07-24-2008, 01:34 PM
    Kajuah
    I bet she'll kill you for posting that up ! :lol:
  • 07-24-2008, 01:38 PM
    Lori11
    :lol: very ummmm pretty? :lol: Opps this was meant for Jeta's "sons" Photo
  • 07-25-2008, 09:43 AM
    JETA
    Obviously I like this thread! :D

A couple more came to mind. Mind you I walked in on this situation and ran for my camera. My daughter is eating goldfish crackers inside the puppy's kennel.

http://JulieSaltvick.smugmug.com/pho...06_eGMju-M.jpg

http://JulieSaltvick.smugmug.com/pho...41_fk9wD-M.jpg
  • 07-25-2008, 10:10 AM
    SpeedingSphere
  • 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM
    jgredline
    Quote:

A couple more came to mind. Mind you I walked in on this situation and ran for my camera. My daughter is eating goldfish crackers inside the puppy's kennel.

http://JulieSaltvick.smugmug.com/pho...06_eGMju-M.jpg

http://JulieSaltvick.smugmug.com/pho...41_fk9wD-M.jpg

lol
    nOW THIS IS FUNNY....
  • 07-25-2008, 10:41 AM
    JETA
    Quote:

:lol: very ummmm pretty? :lol: Opps this was meant for Jeta's "sons" Photo

As long as you don't say he looks like me Lori. ;)
  • 07-25-2008, 11:01 AM
    Loupey
    1 Attachment(s)
    step 1) dig post-hole
    step 2) place child in said post-hole
    step 3) photograph said child in said post-hole
  • 07-25-2008, 11:01 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

JETA - Great captures! I love these shots!

The "poor doggie" looks so confused! That is very very funny! :D :D :D

Liz
  • 07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
    skinnymachink
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Loupey
    Perhaps he someday wants to look like the face on the pack :p

Did he know he had a leaf on his head?

A cheap rain hat / banana leaf
  • 07-25-2008, 04:16 PM
    Lori11
    Haha JETA, Nevahhhhhhh :lol:
  • 07-25-2008, 05:23 PM
    Byron Lentz
    1 Attachment(s)
    On of the kittens we had around the house for awile, this one liked to hide in my house shoes.
  • 07-25-2008, 07:23 PM
    Lori11
    1 Attachment(s)
    I took this a few nights ago, and about died laughing when I opened it up LOL I think Zeke is Sicilian too, his "Wiseguy" impersonation :lol: look at his "fist" and the look on his face. Zeke is about a year old and Nero is almost 9 months LOL
  • 07-26-2008, 12:20 AM
    Alison