ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Jets on the ramp...

Got a lot of things going on in my life at the moment, making it difficult to find time to actively participate here on PR as often as I'd like to.

One of them being short-handed at work during college football season. Here's part of our parking ramp during last weeks football game, Texas v. Arkansas.

It was getting dark by the time I was able to take a break so I thought I'd give iso 1600 a try. High iso shots with my 1d are very noisy. Reducing them for the web helped a bit.

We had a record number of jets on the ramp.

This shot is a good example of the variety; it shows a Citation, Beechjet, Falcon and Gulfstream all sitting nicely.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Talking That's A Lot Of Jets

Quote Originally Posted by I_Fly
    Got a lot of things going on in my life at the moment, making it difficult to find time to actively participate here on PR as often as I'd like to.

One of them being short-handed at work during college football season. Here's part of our parking ramp during last weeks football game, Texas v. Arkansas.

It was getting dark by the time I was able to take a break so I thought I'd give iso 1600 a try. High iso shots with my 1d are very noisy. Reducing them for the web helped a bit.

We had a record number of jets on the ramp.

This shot is a good example of the variety; it shows a Citation, Beechjet, Falcon and Gulfstream all sitting nicely.
    And a lot of money sitting on that tarmac!

All of them are gorgeous, but I've got a soft spot for the Citation. (Maybe because it reminds me of the T-37, also made by Cessna.) I'd love to fly one of those one of these days.

:-)
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Nice picture I_Fly. Where is that at?

Btw what do you Fly?

So you like citations eh...

Here's a shot I don't think I've ever posted anywhere. I'll post it just for Speed!

It's from last summer, I was still shooting film and I'm guessing I was using Fuji Superia 400. A friend of mine did a low pass, I got a whole series of really good panning shots.
    Here ya go Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    And a lot of money sitting on that tarmac!

All of them are gorgeous, but I've got a soft spot for the Citation. (Maybe because it reminds me of the T-37, also made by Cessna.) I'd love to fly one of those one of these days.

:-)
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

I Fly...

anything that someone will let me into, for now. I was renting a Cessna 172 but the FBO that owned it recently changed hands so I'm in between rentals. I have part of an RV-4 kit in my garage but I'm finding that I don't have the spare time to work on it. So for now I fly with friends whenever I can.

The pictures were taken at Drake Field in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I'm the Line Operations Supervisor there. We're about 3 miles from the University of Arkansas which is why we get so much traffic for home games, both football and basketball.

How about you? Eagle driver? Air Force? Just guessing from your id.

Quote Originally Posted by F-15_Flyer
    Nice picture I_Fly. Where is that at?

Btw what do you Fly?
    Troy

www.troybates.com

Talking Sweet Shot Troy!

Quote Originally Posted by I_Fly
    Here's a shot I don't think I've ever posted anywhere. I'll post it just for Speed!

It's from last summer, I was still shooting film and I'm guessing I was using Fuji Superia 400. A friend of mine did a low pass, I got a whole series of really good panning shots.
    Here ya go Speed:

I like it, I love it, can't get enough of it!

What a sweet shot of a sweet jet!

Thanks Troy!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Very nice fly by picture, its awesome how low he is. Perfect shot.

Actually, I dont even have my PPL yet, i'm taking lessons this summer, i've been working up so i can have enough money to do it all in one shot. Very expensive. but hopefully it will be worth it. I fly with my uncle, i enjoy it a lot.

About my name, i've idled the F-15 eagle ever since i was young. And depending on where i go in my life, im hoping to fly one.

Thread Information