• 09-14-2008, 06:16 PM
    Lori11
    2 Attachment(s)
    A gift from Ike (can I retun it?)
    I bought gas Thursday for $3.43 (cheapest in forever) Friday was $3.99 and Saturday was $4.19 for regular unleaded :mad: I hope this changes soon. Notice the limit was changed from $30 (on Saturday) to $50 now.
  • 09-14-2008, 06:31 PM
    another view
    Re: A gift from Ike (can I retun it?)
    Since you have two pictures in your post, we'll let it slide in Viewfinder :) , but this might be better in Off Topic. Actually there's a thread going on this already...

Yeah, crazy stuff. Since I only buy two gallons of the stuff a year (for the mower, car is a diesel) I don't pay too much attention to it but did see this here earlier today. No change in diesel prices - still around $4.05 but around Memorial Day when I paid $4.89 for the stuff, it was a lot more expensive than gas. Sigh...

With a limit of $30 or even $50 it cuts into photography I'll bet. There, back on track! :D I've been meaning to bring a camera with me on the bike but didn't get a chance this weekend with the non-stop rain. Soon, or it'll have to wait until next year!
  • 09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
    Lori11
    Im sorry! Just back from a 10 hour day at the track, can it be moved or I can delete it and post over there? (Diesel is over $5 here!)
  • 09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
    another view
    No, it's fine - not a big deal. Now $5 for diesel, that's a big deal! :eek:
  • 09-14-2008, 10:06 PM
    starriderrick
    $5.14 a gallon for diesel...in the bay area...ouch for the truckers. Lori, clean your lense / filter / sensor. :O)

OR R e t u "r " n it... Ha! Looking for those track pics. soon?

Rick
  • 09-15-2008, 08:18 AM
    jorgemonkey
    Pfffh, there was a time a couple weeks ago we in the Bay Area would have loved to fill up for $4.19 a gallon :)
  • 09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
    Lori11
    Oh Rick do I have to admit how long it took me to figure out what the heck you meant :lol:
    Ok, good I wont lmao but I will post track shots soon
    As for the difference in price from Alabama to California.....well, think cost of living and its all the same :lol: and its horrible for all of us :(
  • 09-15-2008, 08:43 PM
    brmill26
    Yeah it's been a really ridiculous spike around here; an increase of nearly a dollar a gallon for what amounts to basically nothing more than public worry - I've not heard of any major damage that would disrupt gasoline supply beyond a hiccup. It's ridiculous. Fortunately my car is a little four banger manual, so I've been cruising around in 5th gear and coasting down as many hills as possible, trying (successfully, so far) to make my tank last a few more days till this stupidity passes.
  • 09-16-2008, 02:14 AM
    RP Racing
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    I've been meaning to bring a camera with me on the bike but didn't get a chance this weekend with the non-stop rain. Soon, or it'll have to wait until next year!

Wus.:p

Rode 4+hrs early sat morning (midnight to about 4:30am) in the rain.:D I pretty much enjoy it.
  • 09-16-2008, 05:56 AM
    Lori11
    :p to you Rob lol
  • 09-16-2008, 06:15 AM
    another view
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RP Racing
    Wus.:p

That would be correct. I've been caught out in the rain and it doesn't bother me but I have a hard time getting started that way. Just pedal faster, you'll stay warm! :)
  • 09-16-2008, 01:59 PM
    Lori11
    Re: A gift from Ike (can I return it?)
    :rolleyes: I need to stop trying to read these late at night.....apparently my brain shuts down, I recant the :p LOL
  • 09-16-2008, 02:33 PM
    another view
    Re: A gift from Ike (can I return it?)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori11
    :rolleyes: I need to stop trying to read these late at night.....apparently my brain shuts down, I recant the :p LOL

No, he called it right! :D Would it be the getting cold and wet part, or thinking about cleaning all the junk off the bike and the chain that keeps me home? I better stop while I'm behind. Good thing I didn't mention that the camera I'd bring is a waterproof Olympus.
  • 09-16-2008, 02:50 PM
    photophorous
    Strange that gas has gone up for you and not for me. I filled up this morning with 89 octane for $3.75/gal. Not bad.

Paul
  • 09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
    Lori11
    I know, no one here gets it either......
  • 09-16-2008, 11:16 PM
    RP Racing
    Oh you are talking about a pedal bike.:D I was out on a motorcycle.:D