Getting published...

Printable View

• 07-13-2004, 05:13 PM
    Charles Hess
    2 Attachment(s)
    Getting published...
    as part of a book, with photo credit. I think more images are to follow. This image is of a room in my workplace...life-sized, bronze statues of the signers of the U.S.Constitution. Spectacular room, diificult to shoot, with 42 statues in the room. Tripod used, mix of window light and small halogen bulbs in the ceiling. I used the C-8080(they wanted digital) to give me a 23Mb file. Thanks for looking.
  • 07-13-2004, 06:40 PM
    adina
    Wow! Congrats!

Do you know what the name of the book is? And when it will be available in stores?

adina
  • 07-13-2004, 06:50 PM
    Liz
    Congratulations Charles!
    Excellent. You never know who is going to read a book like this...... a history and history in the making book. Wow. This is really exciting! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.......

Liz
  • 07-13-2004, 11:23 PM
    gahspidy
    Congrats, very exciting. This photo is great and I like the point of view. Feel like I am in the room mingling with these statues.
  • 07-14-2004, 05:29 AM
    Speed
    Congratulations Charles!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    as part of a book, with photo credit. I think more images are to follow. This image is of a room in my workplace...life-sized, bronze statues of the signers of the U.S.Constitution. Spectacular room, diificult to shoot, with 42 statues in the room. Tripod used, mix of window light and small halogen bulbs in the ceiling. I used the C-8080(they wanted digital) to give me a 23Mb file. Thanks for looking.

That is awesome!

Congratulations, and be sure to give us more details when you get them. (Name of the book, when it's coming out, etc)
  • 07-14-2004, 05:58 AM
    another view
    Congrads! It looks like a tough room to shoot, but this is a great image. It has a lot of depth and draws you into it. Good work!
  • 07-14-2004, 06:11 AM
    Mig
    See? Mr. Fancypants!

Outstanding image Charles - congratulations!

Danielle
  • 07-14-2004, 06:16 AM
    Gerry Widen
    Congratulations. That is very exciting. Looks like you work in an interesting place. Let us know when the book comes out. Maybe you can do a book signing.
  • 07-14-2004, 08:35 AM
    mtbbrian
    Right On!
    Work it Charles!
    So where do you work then?
    Thanks for sharring!
    Brian
  • 07-14-2004, 08:41 AM
    Sebastian
    Now that is something to be proud of!! Beautiful layout, great shot. I would leave that on my coffee table, always open to that page..."accidentally" of course. ;)
  • 07-14-2004, 11:43 AM
    Charles Hess
    Thanks, all...I haven't seen the whole layout, but I found out today that they want another shot of the outside of the building for the book, as well. The posted pic is the center spread. Brian, I'm at the National Constitution Center, in the historic area of Philadelphia...museum with 350-seat theater in round w/ pro actor and hi-tech multi-media, and artifacts ranging from writings by Washington to a piece of the World Trade Center. My favorite exhibit...the Watergate break-in tools that were used as evidence against Liddy & crew. The statues are amazing, as is the whole place. Fun place to work... check out www.constitutioncenter.org if any interest.
  • 07-14-2004, 11:56 AM
    Spike
    The centerfold, no less!
    How appropriate for a photographer who also excels at glamour shots. :)

Congratulations! Creative solution to the tough-to-shoot room, works really well.

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Thanks, all...I haven't seen the whole layout, but I found out today that they want another shot of the outside of the building for the book, as well. The posted pic is the center spread. Brian, I'm at the National Constitution Center, in the historic area of Philadelphia...museum with 350-seat theater in round w/ pro actor and hi-tech multi-media, and artifacts ranging from writings by Washington to a piece of the World Trade Center. My favorite exhibit...the Watergate break-in tools that were used as evidence against Liddy & crew. The statues are amazing, as is the whole place. Fun place to work... check out www.constitutioncenter.org if any interest.

• 07-14-2004, 08:44 PM
    natatbeach
    Wow!!! awesome--yeah to you Charles...what a simple but striking shot :)
  • 07-15-2004, 07:40 AM
    mtbbrian
    Wow!
    What an incredible place that must be to work at Charles!
    Thanks again for sharring!
    Brian
  • 07-15-2004, 09:08 AM
    Asylum Steve
    We create our own luck...
    Congrats, Charles. The secret to these kinds of opportunities is learning to apply your photographic abilities to everyday situations as they appear.

Well done...
  • 07-15-2004, 11:01 AM
    Cowgirl
    Very nice indeed! Congrats! Perhaps this is only the begining!

Kathy
  • 07-18-2004, 02:00 PM
    megan
    Congratulations!
    And great shot!
    Good job.

Megan