ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: A few from SLC

A few from SLC

I had the good fortune to meet up with Photo John in Salt Lake City over the weekend. He got to spend some time out at Miller Motor sports park watching some of the practice action for the weekends nascar minor league event. That evening we went out for a bite too eat and a photo shoot at the capitol in Salt Lake.The first few shots are of some foliage at the hotel.The burger joint we ate at and the capitol.Looking forward to next year PJ.
    Jimmy B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A few from SLC-img_8049_1.jpg   A few from SLC-img_8050_1.jpg   A few from SLC-img_8059_1.jpg   A few from SLC-img_8065_1.jpg  

Re: A few from SLC

I see you and PJ did a little night shoot like you and I did when you came east last year. Did you have your tripod this time? Love that one of the capital.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Yes OT I had my tripod, it fits in my bag with head removed. I have to laugh now at Cincinnati road scenes with the bridge we took night sots of, good time it was OT!

Jimmy B!

Thanks a lot for hooking me up, Jimmy! Now that I've got a taste, I'll make the extra effort next year and maybe shoot some actual racing

I've got two photos here. One of Jimmy - I think he looks a lot like Babe Ruth. He doesn't have a fat lip, just a big dip. Hope you don't mind me telling people about your bad habits, Jimmy. Thought it was better than having people think you got punched in the mouth, though

The other photo is my take on the Utah Capital Building. The important thing to note about both of these photos is they were taken at ISO 3200 with the Nikon D5000. The photo of Jimmy was actually handheld! I am loving high ISO with the Nikon DSLRs!

I've got a couple other posts up about Jimmy's visit in the Sports Photography forum:

Jimmy B's World >>
    Nascar Pit Photos >>

Thanks again for the Nascar shooting opportunity, Jimmy. It was fun, I learned some stuff and it was great material for testing the Nikon D5000 and the Olympus E-P1!

Note: I just uploaded larger versions of these photos to the gallery. Check my member gallery if you want to take a closer look at how the Nikon D5000 handles ISO 3200.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A few from SLC-_dsc0484.jpg   A few from SLC-_dsc0480.jpg  
    Last edited by Photo-John; 08-04-2009 at 12:07 PM.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Hey am I being forgotten about here? I am native to SLC! PJ, just lives here.. :biggrin5:
    Looks like you had fun with out me though..
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Sorry, Brian

Sorry, Brian. I'm having a hard enough time just managing my days right now, let alone organizing anything. We'll try to make sure to include you next year. As for me just living here, you know my family done settled this place, right? :P
    Photo-John

Nice pics, glad you had fun out here! I'd love to have a photo outing with the UT guys!
    Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Looks like next years outing will have more folks!
    John no problem with my bad habit.
    Here is a shot I managed to get with the help of PJ's flash,thanks John. I have had to wait to post this with permission from the Ladies
    Jimmy B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A few from SLC-img_8069_1.jpg  

Very Good

That came out very nice, Jimmy. It was nice of you to ask their permission. Happy I had the flash there. Did they like the photo?
    Photo-John

Yes John they like the photo! Karley in the center is still shopping for a camera and asking lots of questions and looking at this site for info.
    Jimmy B

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Re: Sorry, Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Sorry, Brian. I'm having a hard enough time just managing my days right now, let alone organizing anything. We'll try to make sure to include you next year. As for me just living here, you know my family done settled this place, right? :P
    I know about your family John, I am just giving you a hard time now you here for the long term and because you forgot about me for this little get together!

Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Thread Information