• 05-19-2006, 08:07 AM
    schrackman
    1 Attachment(s)
    Fun at Starbuck's drive-thru
    Some of my favorite people at Starbucks. These guys are always polite, helpful, and courteous–something I can't say for most young people I encounter working at an establishment. They were even nice enough to let me snap their pic last night when I went there to order my usual Cafe Mocha.
  • 05-19-2006, 08:38 AM
    Liz
    Re: Fun at Starbuck's drive-thru
    This is a nice shot, Ray. I like the expressions on their faces. Good composition - I like the angle. You might think about using it for some advertising for them. :-)

I agree with you about Starbucks. The one around our area has great employees as well. They're wonderful and it's a pleasure to go there.

The employees of one of the Starbucks here are doing a "baby diapers/food and more" drive this weekend to help us and other programs that are involved with the poor.

Thanks for posting the picture and sharing. It was coincidental that I just picked up the flyer this morning.

Liz
  • 05-19-2006, 08:46 AM
    Old Timer
    This is a neat picture, but the presentation makes it. Very nice job. and I agree when you find a place that has employees like this you sure tend to back more often.
  • 05-20-2006, 08:42 PM
    Lionheart
    I can echo the same sentiments about Starbucks. I don't particularly like their coffee (I prefer Seattle's Best) but their service is exemplary. I think it's a reflection on their company and hiring practices. BTW, nice shot. How do you get people to pose for you?
    You have a wonderful gift for networking with people to get these kinds of photos.
  • 05-20-2006, 10:23 PM
    schrackman
    Thanks Liz, OT! I appreciate your comments.

Lionheart...well, I'm pretty much a regular there so a few of them are familiar with my face (and name). I told them I'm a photog and wanted to take their picture for the photo forum that I belong to. They were more than happy to oblige. :) I invited them to the forum to see their pic...hope they got to. If they like it I just might have to have it printed for them.
  • 05-21-2006, 08:41 AM
    Asylum Steve
    What, no "FLARE"? :)
    Sorry Ray, just some humor from the movie Office Space... :)

Ok, I won't get into my personal view of SB. It's a fun shot, and it's nice to hear of employees that make an effort to treat customers the right way. I agree that seems to be very lacking today...

BTW, like your web site, but the dark blue text on your home page is almost impossible to read on a black bg (even on my bright LCD monitors). Also, there are no "home page" links on your gallery pages...