fun at a dance recital

Printable View

• 04-30-2005, 04:21 PM
    2kids2shoot
    4 Attachment(s)
    fun at a dance recital
    I went to a friend's daughters dance recital last weekend. It was my first chance to really try out the ISO 3200 setting. I was pretty impressed. I used shutter priority and was at 100/125 most of the time - learned that wasn't quite fast enough out at 300mm! Even though we were in the 6th row, I still had to contend with peoples heads. Irritating but not much I could do with my kids in tow. Here a few fun shots. I also posted one that I converted to B&W on PC.

I've done some cropping on all of these. I was pretty interested in the ballerina shadows on the wall - I'm sure the people behind me thought I was strange to be photographing the wall instead of the dancers. I posted the best I took although it's not really good. Got to keep practicing!
  • 04-30-2005, 04:48 PM
    almo
    Re: fun at a dance recital
    Honestly i am rather indifferent to the others, but #3 is just awesome. You need to print that huge and sell it to the dance company. They need that pic hanging in their studio!
  • 04-30-2005, 06:18 PM
    walterick
    Wow, #2 & 3 are awesome!
  • 04-30-2005, 10:50 PM
    2kids2shoot
    2 Attachment(s)
    Almo - nothing wrong with honesty, especially if it's done gracefully... #3 is my favorite too. I have to admit I was just lucky there. The lights came on, I said oooh! and pressed the shutter.

Walterick - The boy in #2 was just the cutest! He was the star in this sea of about 15 girls. My girls wanted to know why there was only one boy... Unfortunately, that shot didn't turn out the sharpest, but it still was cute.

Here are a couple others (my last, promise) that I thought were cute.
  • 05-01-2005, 04:12 AM
    almo
    Oh man that frist pic is all about the cubby lil' cutie in the middle. Maybe you could crop it some to accentuate her in the frame.

The second one is great if you focus on the three girls to the right. I would crop out the left and sharpen it a bit. You got a real winner. You know ppl just love "Little Girls in Pretty Boxes". Nice work here.
  • 05-01-2005, 05:49 AM
    Axle
    From the first set #3 is awesome, the shiloettes of the dancers really stands out on the red, and would deffinatly be one to offer (for sale) to the dance company.