ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Carlsbad Caverns...a must for photographers

Finally got a Saturday off work, so took the wife and kid and headed to Carlsbad Caverns. All I have to say is, WOW! Amazing. I'm almost sorry I took my camera 'cause I spent the whole time stopping at every little rock and trying to get a shot, meantime my wife and son are getting tired. Oh well we still all had fun and it's definitely a photographer's delight. None of my shots can compare to what you see in the books but thought I'd share anyway.

Taken with my Olympus C-2040, mostly with Tiffen .75x wide angle lens. All handheld (I had to use the siderails and other rocks for a makeshift "tripod"), should have taken a tripod!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    60Hz Productions
    Great pictures are taken with the mind...the problem lies in getting the dang camera to take the same picture!

Thanks.

I personally forgot to bring my tripod from the car (it was such a windy day and I didn't want to go back to the car), but I didn't see any signs or anything saying no tripods; of course I didn't see anybody with one either. If anything it would have been a pain to have been opening and closing the tripod legs for every shot that I wanted to take. More and more I tend to not use my tripod because of the hassle. I guess that's why I'm trying to find the ultimate low light camera.
    60Hz Productions
    Great pictures are taken with the mind...the problem lies in getting the dang camera to take the same picture!

Thread Information