Fleetweek Photos

Printable View

• 05-25-2006, 01:23 PM
    Liz
    4 Attachment(s)
    Fleetweek Photos
    These were shot 2 years ago during Fleetweek in NYC. I love Fleetweek - it's awesome. I can't wait to get there this weekend.

Liz
  • 05-25-2006, 01:40 PM
    walterick
    Re: Fleetweek Photos
    Liz I remember that young woman's expression so well from the first time you posted her - has it really been two years?!

I would say, when you get the chance, take more shots like that! People seem to respond well to you and your camera!

Rick
  • 05-26-2006, 09:09 AM
    Liz
    Thanks Rick,

I love this photo. I just wish it weren't so soft. Normally I throw soft images away, but I had to keep this one. :-)

Liz

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Liz I remember that young woman's expression so well from the first time you posted her - has it really been two years?!

I would say, when you get the chance, take more shots like that! People seem to respond well to you and your camera!

Rick

• 05-26-2006, 10:54 AM
    another view
    I remember that shot too! It doesn't look soft here, and if it is it can't be by too much - a little USM should do the trick for the most part. Have a great time - maybe someday I'll make it out there.
  • 05-26-2006, 11:04 AM
    greghalliday
    I just finished watching a show on the History Channel about the battle history of the USS Intrepid. Is this where you got some of the images? It looks like a REALLY cool floating museum. I've never been to NY, but when I do, this will be one of the first places on my list to visit. Nice images. BTW, are/were you in the Navy, or just a Fleetweek fan?
  • 05-26-2006, 11:07 AM
    greghalliday
    Well, there it is! I just looked a bit closer and noticed the "Fighting I" on the island of the ship. Cool. Thanks for sharing.
  • 05-26-2006, 07:54 PM
    paulnj
    And the jet says USS INTREPID too ;)
  • 05-27-2006, 09:22 AM
    Liz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paulnj
    And the jet says USS INTREPID too ;)

Yes! And in about an hour I will be around the same place!

Liz